Minkah Fitzpatrick article on canesport?

kev13108

Junior
Premium
Golden and Co have cleaned house in Jersey the past couple of recruiting cycles and there is a top flight 2015 cb named minkah Fitzpatrick who's from jersey with supposed cane interest. Article up on him on canesport. Help anyone? Don't have film on him but he's supposed to be very good! Would be a great get! Go canes!:neonu:

Advertisement
Fitzpatrick Forming Relationships
-Had a good game against Gonzaga (DC): Played defense and running back
-Not a lot new but has heard from FSU, LSU, Miamia, Ohio State, Rutgers, Stanford and South Carolina
-Talks to some more than others. Has a good relationship with Coach Werner (Ohio State) and the traitor (Bama) and Coach Williams from Miami
-Doesn't think he has an offer from Bama but is going to clear it up with them when he can

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1547235

that was really it. He has mentioned us in every article and interview I've seen. Hopefully we stay on this kid

Fitzpatrick Forming Relationships
-Had a good game against Gonzaga (DC): Played defense and running back
-Not a lot new but has heard from FSU, LSU, Miamia, Ohio State, Rutgers, Stanford and South Carolina
-Talks to some more than others. Has a good relationship with Coach Werner (Ohio State) and the traitor (Bama) and Coach Williams from Miami
-Doesn't think he has an offer from Bama but is going to clear it up with them when he can

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1547235

that was really it. He has mentioned us in every article and interview I've seen. Hopefully we stay on this kid
Thanks much appreciated! I hope we stay on this kid too!

Advertisement
[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/439050/minkah-fitzpatrick[/video]

He is a must get WOW!!!!

Really? I don't really think he jumps off the screen with anything extraordinary. I will give him props for being a sure tackler and not afraid of contact like a lot of corners. However, I don't think he is excessively fast, nor physical. Footwork needs a lot of work which is expected in high school and he can get away with it since he is most likely a superior athlete in comparison to his competition.

I like the local guys a lot more. Not because they're local, although part of me is bias in terms of competition, but I think the are every bit as good as this kid, significantly faster, and play violent. Something we have been missing in our corners for a very long time.

Consider me in the group that is unimpressed by these highlights.

He is a must get WOW!!!!

Really? I don't really think he jumps off the screen with anything extraordinary. I will give him props for being a sure tackler and not afraid of contact like a lot of corners. However, I don't think he is excessively fast, nor physical. Footwork needs a lot of work which is expected in high school and he can get away with it since he is most likely a superior athlete in comparison to his competition.

I like the local guys a lot more. Not because they're local, although part of me is bias in terms of competition, but I think the are every bit as good as this kid, significantly faster, and play violent. Something we have been missing in our corners for a very long time.

You maybe Bias because dude remind me of a bigger Vernon Hargreaves. his instincts are amazing. he went 1 on 1 with Ermon Lane and ****ed him off badly at the opening. Kid is baller. he may not play as violent but he plays smart and has great awareness.

He is a must get WOW!!!!

You maybe Bias because dude remind me of a bigger Vernon Hargreaves. his instincts are amazing. he went 1 on 1 with Ermon Lane and ****ed him off badly at the opening. Kid is baller. he may not play as violent but he plays smart and has great awareness.

That's a fair rebuttal. VHIII impressed the **** out of me whenever I saw him play - but I get what you are saying. In regards to Lane, I find it laughable that people were claiming that he was the best WR in the state when S.Coley was still in high school. Coley is on another level.

Advertisement
Did somebody say Minka?

588.jpg

Oh. Oh, not the right Minka? Not Minka Kelly? Never mind.

He is a must get WOW!!!!

350.gif

He is a must get WOW!!!!

That's a fair rebuttal. VHIII impressed the **** out of me whenever I saw him play - but I get what you are saying. In regards to Lane, I find it laughable that people were claiming that he was the best WR in the state when S.Coley was still in high school. Coley is on another level.

I agree with you though that competition is not the same as down here so its hard to look at the tape and analyze truly. VHIII surprised the **** out of me too. it took the UA bowl for me too really see how he was. Lane tape never look that good to me and i was never mad he didnt commit. I think if we land him along with SBB,Johnson. it will be crazy good.

Just to give an update on an article Rivals just posted. Here are some quotes from the article that are relevant for us at Miami.

"In one trip I'm going to visit Georgia, Florida, Miami and maybe Florida State," said Fitzpatrick. "That'll be during my break on February 14 through February 23.

"Coach Williams and coach D'Onofrio have been up a couple of times during this contact period," Fitzpatrick said. "They've been showing a lot of love and I think they are recruiting me the hardest right now.

"Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and Miami have been recruiting me pretty hard,"

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1605328&PT=4&PR=2

Advertisement
Just to give an update on an article Rivals just posted. Here are some quotes from the article that are relevant for us at Miami.

"In one trip I'm going to visit Georgia, Florida, Miami and maybe Florida State," said Fitzpatrick. "That'll be during my break on February 14 through February 23.

"Coach Williams and coach D'Onofrio have been up a couple of times during this contact period," Fitzpatrick said. "They've been showing a lot of love and I think they are recruiting me the hardest right now.

"Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and Miami have been recruiting me pretty hard,"

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1605328&PT=4&PR=2

Happy to hear we've been going after him hard. Ideally we land Minkah and then fill out the rest of the 2015 DB class with studs from South Florida.

Advertisement
I don't know how this kid isn't the top 1 or 2 cb's in the country. #4 is too low, IMO. Should at least be #2.

Advertisement
Back