"Millions in benefits....."

texacane

Freshman
SIAP

Sun Sentinal's Michael Casagrande reported that the NCAA now says Shapiro paid, mas o menos, 170K* in benefits to players (90 K of it to lure 2 players to his sports agency.)

Shapiro, previously said that he paid "millions in benefits" to players......I sure hope to f**k Shapiro doesn't repeat that "Million dollar" claim once more, 'cause then - by NCAA standards - the "millions of dollars in benefits" amount would be corroborated!!! Then we would really be in a world of s**t.

(So, please Nevin, please.....please don't say that again. Fingers crossed.)

*Not sure of the timing of the 90K claimed benefits to these two players, no doubt at least ten years ago, were those then players then already finished playing football?.

(I notice the NCAA didn't go back to investigate Muarice Clarret's claim he got paid more at OSU than by the NFL, oh wait...he's a convicted felon, can't be believed, can't be corroborated...oh wait, the SUV with the $10K in "stolen" property in the back, the phone call records to tressel, well that's not corroboration...if only Clarret had said twice that he'd been paid at OSU, now that's the kinda needed corroboration the NCAA is talkin' about.

OK 170K in benefits

minus 90K to wilfork ad rolle, (over ten years old, illegal payments? to steer them to NS' sports agency?
players long, long gone.)

6-10K to BB coach, $ returned, (coach gone.)

5K (loan), $ returned, to recruting coach of the year at Louisville (coach gone.)

2-3K total to players, for water and crackers at benihana's, bowling for dollars, a jersey, etc.
$ value, repaid in full, those players were suspended (players gone, coaches gone.)

ok what's left let's say 65K that's right (over twelve years, and all of it to coaches no longer here, players
no longer here and all with estimated values for things like car rides, food and
refresments at shapiro's', boat rides, dinners and sky box visits to high school coaches...)

Now notice that this 65K amount is less than what, according to MEP,, the NCAA agreed to pay her, she billed, 57K, plus the money the NCAA gave directly to Shapiro for a phone and his comissary funds, 10K, all total over 65K!!!

These funds were membership funds obligated, according to MEP, for the direct benefit of Nevin Shapiro, the NCAA's convicted scam artist, star witness, who - alchemically - can change a bald-face, piece of s**t lie (like,"Millions of dollars in benefits to players") into a corroboated allegation by simply repeating it twice to the NCAA, kinda like an incantation. (What I call "Abracadabra investigative technique", personally I would have corroborated Shapiro's allegation by water-boarding him, but they didn't ask me.)

The world is now on notice of all this, and the press is having its day with it, that the NCAA has really, really, really, been f**cking it up, big time. (PSU, UNC, USC, UCLA, investigative no shows as to Cam Newton, Patrick Peterson, etc., etc., plus no show participation in conference reallignment, playoffs, etc., and lawsuits like the copyright infringement case over the commercial use of NCAA players' likenesses, the Pa.'s AG's suit, etc. )

The way, way negative perception of the NCAA is not gonna go away. Every time the Miami case surfaces in the public arena the press is gonna repeat all of this...over, and over, and over, and over again. Well, they may have fired Julie (La Roach) but they should have also fired their public relations director.)

I thought Emmert was a dead man walking, well actually - following the NCAA's public statement of support, right before he leaves this mess for a vacation in Hawaii, I can say with some confidence he's now road kill. If you look you can distinctly see the tire-tread marks, stand by for the stench.

In fact, its now the NCAA that's the dead man walking. Stick a fork in them, they're done.

If the NCAA had brain one they would have quietly settled this, oh..wait.

Advertisement
we as fans need to worry about the game and spring ball coming up...the ncaa WILL leak all this because Miami being private does not and will not share the info...

They want to slowly move the hate back to Miami..Emmert is as safe as baby in a crack mommas womb...he will survive but at what cost..

I have been around CFB for too many years, we are not walking away with time served, you have to be a fool to think we are...are the tuff days over yes..but the NCAA is still going to spew some sort of penalties at us by mid summer...and if you really feel there is no NCCA god and they all hate us look for some real jaw dropping news just around March Madness when Miami is rolling...classic hate.

There's no reason not to fight any more punishment. They've given up three post-season games already.

The NCAA needs to stop they lost we won get rid of emmert he is a jerk off the NCAA thinks they are the god **** supreme court or GOD of college sports when they cant even do an investigation right **** them we should get off clean we did our time that fits the crime so there should be no more punishment :neonu:

What everone seems to have lost sight of is that of all the allegations none of them involve an attempt to gain a competitive advantage!

Advertisement
So where is the evidence? Remember they failed to produce and show evidence about $10,000 against one of our basketball players.

So where is the evidence? Remember they failed to produce and show evidence about $10,000 against one of our basketball players.

I agree...I think the most damaging evidence is Donna with that **** Check...

Advertisement

Which is not a violation.

again I agree...but its shaprio and donna in a picture with a large donation....this is not a court of law, its lack of control...the pic has her with the prick

Which is not a violation.

again I agree...but its shaprio and donna in a picture with a large donation....this is not a court of law, its lack of control...the pic has her with the prick

It also looks bad when they show video of him at the players tunnel, cheering on the team.

I have been around CFB for too many years, we are not walking away with time served, you have to be a fool to think we are...are the tuff days over yes..but the NCAA is still going to spew some sort of penalties at us by mid summer...and if you really feel there is no NCCA god and they all hate us look for some real jaw dropping news just around March Madness when Miami is rolling...classic hate.

Probably. The question is whether it will be anything worth fighting about. The NCAA may add something like vacating wins--and my attitude there is "meh, whatever." It is when it gets to further scholarship reductions, probation or anything worse for UM that (God forbid a further post-season ban), I'd guess, fighting it becomes as issue.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back