Mike Smith offered

Advertisement
Can't be, Miami doesn't recruit the inner city...or south Florida. Luke know this?!?!?

Advertisement
how is it possibly too late?

we were his "dream" school, right?

so he's probably going to keep his options open.

Advertisement
how is it possibly too late?

we were his "dream" school, right?

so he's probably going to keep his options open.

Every player has a "dream school" and most dont go there because it is about their future and where is best not who you grew up watching but i think he commits here soon

Reminds me of Bruce Irvin.

This is the kind of kid we need. If he ends up at LSU or Louisville I'm going to host a monster truck rally and drive over a couple thousand babies.

I gotta tell you after watching his highlights, I'm not the most impressed. I'd have to say his strongest attribute is he knows how and when to use certain techniques when it comes to pass rushing and run defending.
My negatives consist of, if you noticed off the snap of the ball he stands up fairly regularly and after his first step (which is fast) he takes 3 or 4 to move 2 yards, he's being very reactive as opposed to instinctive.
Other positives, mind you it is on a highlight reel, as previously stated uses techniques when appropriate, aggressive tackler, looks comfortable in 3 or 2 point stance, has a high motor.
I can see why they hesitated on the offer, and I can also see why his best fit is at LB based on this skillset, in this small window of a highlight film.

Advertisement
Reminds me of Bruce Irvin.

This is the kind of kid we need. If he ends up at LSU or Louisville I'm going to host a monster truck rally and drive over a couple thousand babies.

Charooo! Irvin was exactly the comparison I made a couple weeks ago. Gets upfield FAST! Hopefully he won't get in trouble for it tho! Gotta get this kid here! Pete has he ever mentioned when he would want to commit by?

I gotta tell you after watching his highlights, I'm not the most impressed. I'd have to say his strongest attribute is he knows how and when to use certain techniques when it comes to pass rushing and run defending.
My negatives consist of, if you noticed off the snap of the ball he stands up fairly regularly and after his first step (which is fast) he takes 3 or 4 to move 2 yards, he's being very reactive as opposed to instinctive.
Other positives, mind you it is on a highlight reel, as previously stated uses techniques when appropriate, aggressive tackler, looks comfortable in 3 or 2 point stance, has a high motor.
I can see why they hesitated on the offer, and I can also see why his best fit is at LB based on this skillset, in this small window of a highlight film.
Golden is all about the hybrid DE/LB

Advertisement
He will probably commit soon if the offer is commitable. This kid loves UM. I usually love MNW prospects but now watching Smith during the combine setting videos i don't know if he has the frame to get to 245-250 to become that ''Jack LB'' Bruce Irvin, Jarvis Jones type that Golden likes. I think the kid maxes out at 220-225 tops. He's about 205 now.. On another note I think Luke might ''push'' another kid UM way Jojo Robinson and he will be at the spring game next Sat.

He will probably commit soon if the offer is commitable. This kid loves UM. I usually love MNW prospects but now watching Smith during the combine setting videos i don't know if he has the frame to get to 245-250 to become that ''Jack LB'' Bruce Irvin, Jarvis Jones type that Golden likes. I think the kid maxes out at 220-225 tops. He's about 205 now.. On another note I think Luke might ''push'' another kid UM way Jojo Robinson and he will be at the spring game next Sat.

Smith is JoJo's boi...

I thought the 205 stuf was debunked earlier when Smith was quoted direclty as being 225 or something. Do I have that right?

I thought the 205 stuf was debunked earlier when Smith was quoted direclty as being 225 or something. Do I have that right?
6'1 210
http://www.studentsports.com/miami-nftc-all-camp-team/

Advertisement
Back