Mike Smith is a hard commit

First it’s Miami (1/17), then Arkansas (1/24), and finally Louisville (1/31). But if anybody has a chance to lure him away, it’s probably the Razorbacks.

- says “I like how the coaches are at Arkansas and Coach Randy Shannon is a cool guy,” “He has put a bunch of guys in the league and he could do the same thing with me. We’ve been talking a lot since around the beginning of my season. I knew of him before but I didn’t know him personally until then.”

-has been on Miami’s campus enough times to know what he should expect. However, he has a very specific objective in mind for this weekend’s visit.

-says “One thing I want to get done this weekend is talking to the coaches about the defensive scheme,” “The type of stuff that they tried to run really didn’t fit the type of guys they had. We haven’t got into it yet but it will be nice to find out about how they’re using me and stuff like that.”

-If it seems like Smith is second guessing his decision, he shot that idea down immediately. He said he feels just as good about the Hurricanes as he ever did.

-says “I’m still a hard commit, I keep in touch with everybody down there,” “If Coach Golden would have left, I understand that he’s doing what’s best for his career. It’s not like I was going to turn around and decommit. They’re not worried about me and they don’t have a reason to be.”

-explained what it means for him to stay local.

- says “I’m taking the chance to keep it here and turn my hometown program around,” “I want to stay close to my family so that’s going to be nice. We’re bringing fresh talent in and I hope a lot of guys stay on board with this class. We can make a run if people don’t jump at other schools.”

-he is dealing with a knee injury but not a torn ACL as had been rumored. It’s just a sprain and he said it won’t hold him back by time he arrives at Miami.

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Local-LB-Mike-Smith-Im-a-Hard-Commit-171078

Advertisement
-says “One thing I want to get done this weekend is talking to the coaches about the defensive scheme,” “The type of stuff that they tried to run really didn’t fit the type of guys they had. We haven’t got into it yet but it will be nice to find out about how they’re using me and stuff like that.”

This has been said in some form now by a handful of recruits.

Glad we kept Dorito on board.

probably neg recruiting from other schools

Glad we keep pointing out to everyone how terrible our defense is so they hear it so often they would rather play somewhere else than be part of the fix.

Or they follow this website.

Advertisement

Glad we keep pointing out to everyone how terrible our defense is so they hear it so often they would rather play somewhere else than be part of the fix.

Good thing an internet message board is what tipped the kids off. Guys who played football their whole lives and intensely consider every offer they receive with coaches and family would have never noticed what we run on defense.

How much does tubby golden pay you?

SMART KID! Dont fall for the banana in the tailpipe kid! Make sure you know exactly what you are getting yourself into before signing on that dotted line. This scheme aint goin' nowhere anytime soon. So you mide as well own it.

Advertisement
If im a Defensive recruit looking at the way Dorito coachs D and obviously fails to put his players in positions to succeed I would make sure there wasn't greener grass elsewhere too..

Dorito is costing us kids I don't care who wants to say otherwise

Or they're not retards.

Yup, if Doritos does not turn this thing around this upcoming season, it's going to hurt 10 fold, for the life of me I can't see the trend upward or the mancrush golden has for him?

It is unbelievable that this is an issue at the University of Miami.

Advertisement
If im a Defensive recruit looking at the way Dorito coachs D and obviously fails to put his players in positions to succeed I would make sure there wasn't greener grass elsewhere too..

Dorito is costing us kids I don't care who wants to say otherwise

That's where you're wrong. Golden is costing us kids

Good thing an internet message board is what tipped the kids off. Guys who played football their whole lives and intensely consider every offer they receive with coaches and family would have never noticed what we run on defense.

Constant negativity on the internet and social media, combined with negative recruiting and an issue in the community is a good thing?

By all accounts, Golden will be the coach of the University of Miami next year, get over it.

Advertisement

Or they're not retards.

The inability of some recruits to meet the NCAA or enrollment criteria at some schools may suggest otherwise.

its not hard to see that our defense is weak...HS Coaches even see the wholes in our defense and the lack kof adjustments we do

Hey i have even seen a little league coach..The site is not the issue Al gets paid over $2 million for him to be concerned about website and posters
shows we have bigger issues..

OUr fan base just wants us to win...Nothing wrong with that...we have seen success and have not seen it in years..

One concern Valintine had on the rivals article is that Miami used to put a lot of kids in the league and now its LSU doing it more recent.
its hard to over come when you still live in the past this is not the 80s or the 90s **** some of these kids were not old enough to see
what we USED to do...

Or they're not retards.

The inability of some recruits to meet the NCAA or enrollment criteria at some schools may suggest otherwise.

Refuses to blame the corch and blames the blobs then proceeds to bash recruits on same blobs. Nicely done.

Advertisement
Back