Mike Rumph era is over!

What he say?
You don’t remember him talking smack about our program and pushing AH kids to other universities especially Georgia back before richt and him got hired here? I don’t remember the exact quotes but it’s pretty common knowledge that he was talking **** about us. Some other posters on here I’m sure remember and might even remember exactly what Rumph was saying back then. Maybe @Liberty City El or @Cribby or some others tied into recruiting down here.

Advertisement
Wgatfrom my statement do you find so overly optimisti?

Do you not think we are going to be better offensively next year? Do you really think we will be the D that played versus UNC defensively the entire year?
I think the train of thought is:

the OL will have to be substantially improved because the interior OL provided no push.. at all

the insistence on playing #6 and #8 even though they consistently were not worthy of starting plus Manny allowing them to continue to start and play horribly

the fact our DBs (CBs and Safeties) couldn't cover a empty patch of grass and Manny allowed it to continue for multiple seasons in his scheme

the fact that our LB play has been atrocious (pointed out many times in, @Lance Roffers Upon Further Review)

We are all hopeful; with that said, Manny hasn't earned that faith in his ability.

Its delusional to believe this falls on Rump. This is Lispy's defense which is why its exposed on a more frequent basis. Rump sucks no doubt as does Patke and Panda but the bucks stops with the HC especially considering defense is allegedly his "specialty".
This. This. This. This. This.

Advertisement
I understand all of that. I'm asking based on the fact he had never had an on the field position before coaching here, plus they way our safety and have played the the 5 years he's been here, coupled with how we have looked on D with him as the "Co-DC" he deserves a DC job to you? I loved the way he came and coached our players, and he is a good recruiter, but his rise up the coaching ranks reeks of someone who is plugged in. How do you think Manny continued to get jobs a DC? Because to me he was never elite
Banda has had ties to other places and staffs

True but I'm not trying to see 50-10. I refuse in year three (not even) his what 6th season here? Your team in year three for a championship caliber program you should be striding and have your roster built for a real impact. We all know the misses will cost us....this is our first real class and he's in year three as HC. Ofc bama annihilates us but I'm expecting not just that slip up......I don't know who but it's put up or shut up. If I had to bet my life on it with a gun to my head I say we lose some games cause of Diaz.....he has done it for two seasons already.
So the plan now is to fly up for the game and do a little golf with the boys prior to the game. No way in **** am I walking into that stadium sober. That will be my lubricant!

Pour One Out Malt Liquor GIF

You said..literally said all they work on is tackling..you said they emphasize that over coverage..which again makes zero sense. But that’s what u said..then u brought in CIS receipts to buffer your point lol..u know how u get guys who can cover better? U recruit guys who can cover better..now for a few years I actually defended Rumph because I felt he developed some guys..but the production has fell off and the trail remained cold..no he’s not being retained and we’ve got poster talking a fight, it was Bandaa fault really..and my new favorite, all the CBS do is tackle..it’s only Tuesday
This is literally what I said.

No credible DB coach is coming (or CB recruits for that matter) if the defensive strategy is just use the CBs to tackle.
And I followed up with
Notice the word just.

It's been discussed on this site repeatedly that in Manny's scheme for CBs, tackling is primary over coverage skills. Coverage skills are secondary. And you wonder why recruits with elite coverage skills don't want to come here and be made into a laughing stock.
Only a dimwit would interpret that as only working on tackling.

As far as recruiting "guys who can cover now", in any given year, there are only about 4 or 5 guys, nationwide that are turn key cover guys coming out of high school and most (at least from So Fla) are chasing major bags. If you can't or aren't willing to buy them you have to go to the next level and evaluate, and develop instead of saying "Shucks, we didn't get the prototypical NFL CB. Rumph can't 'cruit".

Banda has had ties to other places and staffs
Can you go into more detail? I'm not saying he doesn't have other ties. I'm saying he is some what undeserving of a promotion, and he was plugged in from the beginning. To me with this recruiting class he had just really "earned" his job as coach of Safety's at Miami. That is not just some job we should be handing out like candy, and imo that job should never go to a first time coach. But I could literally say the same thing about our head coach( who was also plugged into his current job)

Advertisement
Can you go into more detail? I'm not saying he doesn't have other ties. I'm saying he is some what undeserving of a promotion, and he was plugged in from the beginning. To me with this recruiting class he had just really "earned" his job as coach of Safety's at Miami. That is not just some job we should be handing out like candy, and imo that job should never go to a first time coach. But I could literally say the same thing about our head coach( who was also plugged into his current job)
He’s been on multiple staffs is what I mean. And clearly has a good rep. I know he was at Texas, Miss state. Now rather u believe he deserves this shot is up to u. All I’m saybing is it’s a lot about who you know and the connections u build

Ya Mac has UNC hummin right now. Even think they might’ve been able to win their bowl with a full roster.
Defensive hires going to be crucial. Will also pray that some of the Richt era holdovers have a diminished role. Only time will tell in that.
unc is losing a lot if skill talent and will lose their qb after next season

He’s been on multiple staffs is what I mean. And clearly has a good rep. I know he was at Texas, Miss state. Now rather u believe he deserves this shot is up to u. All I’m saybing is it’s a lot about who you know and the connections u build
Me and you are saying the same thing bro. Lol to be plugged in means you have connections. It's nothing personal against him and I know it may come off like hating. That being said should a first time football coach ever be Miami's safety coach?

Advertisement
Wish Rumph would have worked out but he just didn't.

Never recruited CBs well and wasn't good enough at coaching to overcome his poor recruiting.

Hope he lands on his feet.

Its delusional to believe this falls on Rump. This is Lispy's defense which is why its exposed on a more frequent basis. Rump sucks no doubt as does Patke and Panda but the bucks stops with the HC especially considering defense is allegedly his "specialty".
smackdown live what GIF by WWE

This is literally what I said.

And I followed up with

Only a dimwit would interpret that as only working on tackling.

As far as recruiting "guys who can cover now", in any given year, there are only about 4 or 5 guys, nationwide that are turn key cover guys coming out of high school and most (at least from So Fla) are chasing major bags. If you can't or aren't willing to buy them you have to go to the next level and evaluate, and develop instead of saying "Shucks, we didn't get the prototypical NFL CB. Rumph can't 'cruit".
Okay...so u said tackling is prioritizes over coverage..which is the same. And make zero sense man. Sometimes U have to understand agendas in here. Mofos hate to be wrong. That’s human nature. So they will find a rzn. Remember Banda was the bar tender majority here joked about. Rumph is the cane. It’s easy to see who will get the blame. No matter the facts. Fact is Rumph didn’t get it done on the trail, now that’s being shifted in Banda. Convenient. When the safety room was balling they gave the credit to Rumph. This year and last the safeties fell off a bit, now the blame goes to Banda..and now somehow Banda sabotaged Rumph..I take info here with a grain of salt from most

Advertisement
You don’t remember him talking smack about our program and pushing AH kids to other universities especially Georgia back before richt and him got hired here? I don’t remember the exact quotes but it’s pretty common knowledge that he was talking **** about us. Some other posters on here I’m sure remember and might even remember exactly what Rumph was saying back then. Maybe @Liberty City El or @Cribby or some others tied into recruiting down here.
I remember him saying golden wasn’t recruiting his school enough and that golden is never at heritage. Said he sees sec and oos schools there more than he does golden and staff. Also offered to sit down and talk to him and they did. Golden still didn’t go by the school lol. You think that’s talking bad about the program? Sony, a kicker, and McKenzie was the only ones at that time that went to uga.

The only guys they really wanted was Sony. They went after Gibson late but he was already wrapped in urban lies. Who the recruits that miami wanted and he told them to go somewhere else?

Me and you are saying the same thing bro. Lol to be plugged in means you have connections. It's nothing personal against him and I know it may come off like hating. That being said should a first time football coach ever be Miami's safety coach?
Yes if they are going to produce all conference and AA level play half the time they were here and be atop the recruiters in the conference..Yes. Weve done worse with vet coaches who held a on field position prior. Like I said in a previous post the agendas on here are clear. A lot were never for Banda. But he produced. When he did they tried to give credit to Rumph. Now it’s Banda who sabotaged Rumph...**** is weird

Advertisement
Back