Mike Rumph era is over!

Advertisement
People were giving me **** for saying Banda was a garbage recruiter. Dude was no better than Paul Williams on the trail. Who is going to die on the "Paul Williams was a great recruiter hill?"

Paul Williams 5 Stars
Tracy Howard

Paul Williams 4 Stars
Deon BUsh
Jaquan Johnson
Artie Burns
Jamal Carter
Kiy Hester

Banda 5 Stars
James Williams

Banda 4 Stars
Avantae Williams
Jalen Harrell
Gilbert Frierson
Gurvan Hall
Keontra Smith

Rumph 5 Stars
lol

Rumph 4 Stars
Al Blades Jr.
Trajan Bandy
Isaiah Dunson
Christian Williams
Tecory Couch

They all sucked and routinely got washed. Sure they got the occasional (rare) big win, but the overall body of their work was mierda. Their misses were big and glaring. Good riddance to the entire defensive staff.
Paul Williams didn’t land them guys lol

We will probably play 12 games next year. Bama plus our regular schedule.

Our offense will be far better next season with a full spring and fall practice schedule. Defense isn’t as good as 48-0 versus duke or as bad as 62-26 against UNC.

Yes I see us winning 10 games
I saw us losing Clemson by blowout did think we would lose to UNC although not like that. I do agree we should lose to only bama but when have we actually performed the way us fans see it?

I get being optimistic but I have to think we slip up somehow. I'm just programmed to think that cause of what they have done at UM it has nothing to do with me and my mopeness. Although the mope always me at times.

We will probably play 12 games next year. Bama plus our regular schedule.

Our offense will be far better next season with a full spring and fall practice schedule. Defense isn’t as good as 48-0 versus duke or as bad as 62-26 against UNC.

Yes I see us winning 10 games
You’re hilarious as usual my friend! But I do applaud your consistency and never ending optimism.

Paul Williams didn’t land them guys lol
You're right. Appreciate the correction.

Had a huge brain fart on that one and I can admit it. Artie, Jamal, Jaquan, and Jamal he was secondary if I recall. That's my bad.

I'll still stand by the claim that they all sucked as recruiters.

Advertisement
You’re hilarious as usual my friend! But I do applaud your consistency and never ending optimism.

Wgatfrom my statement do you find so overly optimisti?

Do you not think we are going to be better offensively next year? Do you really think we will be the D that played versus UNC defensively the entire year?

Advertisement
You using CIS as gospel as to what goes on is worrisome man..but as I said every system in today’s football requires CBS to be physical, know how to shed, stack and attack..EVERY SINGLE ONE. If you aren’t willing to come up and hit in today’s game your a liability. There aren’t many teams running 22 personnel that allows a Cover corner to just sit on a island..but back to what u said/implied that all the CBS are taught to do is tackle is absolutely nonsensical. Now if you had said this system emphasizes its CBS to be willing to hit you’d have a point...but the point still remains to play CB in today’s game u better be willing to hit..
Where did I say they don't need to hit or tackle? I question the scheme emphasis on one over the other, and then not being able to either one at a proficient level.

I saw us losing Clemson by blowout did think we would lose to UNC although not like that. I do agree we should lose to only bama but when have we actually performed the way us fans see it?

I get being optimistic but I have to think we slip up somehow. I'm just programmed to think that cause of what they have done at UM it has nothing to do with me and my mopeness. Although the mope always me at times.
Pretty much performed how any sensible fan thought we would perform this year. Only exception being NC loss was worse than expected. But 8-3 with a narrow bowl loss is the most realistic anyone could have had. People forget just how bad we were in 2019 I guess if they expected anything more than what we got this year.

Where did I say they don't need to hit or tackle? I question the scheme emphasis on one over the other, and then not being able to either one at a proficient level.
You said..literally said all they work on is tackling..you said they emphasize that over coverage..which again makes zero sense. But that’s what u said..then u brought in CIS receipts to buffer your point lol..u know how u get guys who can cover better? U recruit guys who can cover better..now for a few years I actually defended Rumph because I felt he developed some guys..but the production has fell off and the trail remained cold..no he’s not being retained and we’ve got poster talking a fight, it was Bandaa fault really..and my new favorite, all the CBS do is tackle..it’s only Tuesday

Advertisement
Banda had Jaquan, Jenkins, Red wine( who Mike coached first). Mike had Mike Jack, Corn, Young. The last 2 years have been bad for our entire secondary. Rumph needed to go but this notion that our safety play has been much better than our corner play is not true. Banda got a DC job because besides being a better recruiter Manny Diaz who is a ex Mayor's son is his homie.
good idea yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Pretty much performed how any sensible fan thought we would perform this year. Only exception being NC loss was worse than expected. But 8-3 with a narrow bowl loss is the most realistic anyone could have had. People forget just how bad we were in 2019 I guess if they expected anything more than what we got this year.
Every year the same knuckle heads expect one loss.....like come on wake up lol. If we play a good team in a bowl even bad I expect a loss. But the better the record I figure that game is a loss. I just don't see how we over take UNC depending on the hires on defense. But I expect Diaz scheme to be in place,so I don't see how we defend the run up the middle cause Manny since he been here gives up chunk yards in the middle.

And Mack is an experienced HC who will just keep doing what's working.its unbelievable that game just happened and we couldn't adjust. Fans forget that we gave up 500 yards and we never adjusted....that's horrible in terms of coaching period. I'm sure Diaz said do this Baker try this and it didn't work. But people expect Diaz to take over and for it to look different? Man cmon

Its delusional to believe this falls on Rump. This is Lispy's defense which is why its exposed on a more frequent basis. Rump sucks no doubt as does Patke and Panda but the bucks stops with the HC especially considering defense is allegedly his "specialty".

Advertisement
Every year the same knuckle heads expect one loss.....like come on wake up lol. If we play a good team in a bowl even bad I expect a loss. But the better the record I figure that game is a loss. I just don't see how we over take UNC depending on the hires on defense. But I expect Diaz scheme to be in place,so I don't see how we defend the run up the middle cause Manny since he been here gives up chunk yards in the middle.

And Mack is an experienced HC who will just keep doing what's working.its unbelievable that game just happened and we couldn't adjust. Fans forget that we gave up 500 yards and we never adjusted....that's horrible in terms of coaching period. I'm sure Diaz said do this Baker try this and it didn't work. But people expect Diaz to take over and for it to look different? Man cmon
Ya Mac has UNC hummin right now. Even think they might’ve been able to win their bowl with a full roster.
Defensive hires going to be crucial. Will also pray that some of the Richt era holdovers have a diminished role. Only time will tell in that.

Wgatfrom my statement do you find so overly optimisti?

Do you not think we are going to be better offensively next year? Do you really think we will be the D that played versus UNC defensively the entire year?
Come on bro, our QB just went down with a torn ACL on a knee that already had a torn MCL. Even if king does play this year and as a physical therapist I doubt he does till maybe the second half of the season he will be a shell of his former self just like he was the season following his MCL Injury. King was flat out our only hope this coming season of winning double digit games and competing for the coastal if Diaz cleaned house on the D side and hired an experienced competent D coordinator which it’s looking like he might do. 🙏 But now that king is down ain’t no way in **** kosi is leading this team to ten wins. At bama nuff said, at MSU Miami+big ten team equals no good, at UNC see this past season, at PITT with Pickett in the cold, yikes, at UVA in the cold, yikes again and for good measure will probably have BC for the red bandana game in the cold again, double yikes! I don’t know how you see ten wins in their without king or even with a gimpy king. But I’ve gotten to know you a bit on here Go Canes and again I applaud your optimism and hope your right. I once used to have optimism like that about our beloved canes ten years ago. Time sure does fly!

Ya Mac has UNC hummin right now. Even think they might’ve been able to win their bowl with a full roster.
Defensive hires going to be crucial. Will also pray that some of the Richt era holdovers have a diminished role. Only time will tell in that.
Everyone on the defensive side has to go and we need proven elite recruiters at all spots on defense. The only way I give Diaz another year is he hires big time names on defense and we have an amazing defensive class....like an all time class on defense coming in.with a top five overall class....then he becomes a CEO type. That's wishful thinking though

Advertisement
Back