Mike Rumph era is over!

Advertisement
Notice the word just.

It's been discussed on this site repeatedly that in Manny's scheme for CBs, tackling is primary over coverage skills. Coverage skills are secondary. And you wonder why recruits with elite coverage skills don't want to come here and be made into a laughing stock.
You do know this makes zero..absolutely zero sense..it went from Rumph can’t recruit to CBS at Miami spend all practice tackling dummies..every CB in every program goes through tackling drills. Now unless you’ve been at practice and see that all these guys do is tackle all day, I’m calling bull****..this is the most nonsensical thing I’ve heard on CIS this week..lord help me it’s only Tuesday 🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
There are a lot of ****ty people in the world, and I think Miami's fanbase has a disproportional amount of them. Mention Randy Shannon's name and here and the insults and name calling will start flying. I don't get it. The guy gave everything he had to the U. Yeah he wasn't a good HC, but he didn't hire himself. Why is it so hard to just say, "I don't care for his coaching but he's welcome to be around the program anytime?"
I don't know, 9.5% seems about right.

1609880883568.png

Advertisement
Notice the word just.

It's been discussed on this site repeatedly that in Manny's scheme for CBs, tackling is primary over coverage skills. Coverage skills are secondary. And you wonder why recruits with elite coverage skills don't want to come here and be made into a laughing stock.

No DB that plays here is a laughingstock outsides the confines of this doofus infested cesspool.

download.jpeg

Mike Rumph error. Was legit only hired by Richt for his Heritage ties which come to find out weren't sheet. Good Cane. Good guy. Should've never even been thought of as a hire.

Next.

You do know this makes zero..absolutely zero sense..it went from Rumph can’t recruit to CBS at Miami spend all practice tackling dummies..every CB in every program goes through tackling drills. Now unless you’ve been at practice and see that all these guys do is tackle all day, I’m calling bull****..this is the most nonsensical thing I’ve heard on CIS this week..lord help me it’s only Tuesday 🤦🏾‍♂️
Are you new here? It's been brought up all season. Below are just a few quotes.
The staff is all about physicality and tackling. When manny says “you will tackle or won’t play” he means it. Tbh if I’m a lockdown man cb I’m not sure if I’d want to play in this system, you’d be wasting your skills. It’s a zone scheme for the most part that needs cb’s that tackle well.

If you're a Corner playing for Miami should be last on your list. We play prevent defense here. You not going to the LG playing like that. But, Since we have Manny Diaz fans not Miami Hurricane fans... They'll lie pulling for Manny flawed system.

And i too want all DBs to tackle. If you don't tackle in the NFL, you don't keep your job....unless your name is Deion Sanders. College should be no different and kids who want an NFL job need to have that drilled into their heads.

But Manny and Co are taking it way too far to the extreme here. Who gives a rats *** if a kid is an elite tackler if he can't cover. You need cover guys first. If Manny/Baker's LBs and Banda's safeties can't tackle, does it really matter if your CBs can? No. Not one bit. Stop being a stubborn mule on the trail only thinking 3% of all CBs nationwide can play in your system, stop playing so much useless prevent zone scaring away the top press cover kids and fix your tackling issues in-house.

Manny doesn't care about the position. When asked about it, he said the #1 attribute he looks for in a corner is TACKLING.

Manny’s and Rumph mindset that we could put safeties at CB cause the CBs MUST be able to tackle needs to change.You HAVE TO be able to cover somebody at some point.

it’s one thing to miss a tackle on the edge and the guy gains 6 yds instead of 3 because of a missed tackle.Its another thing to have WRs constantly running by you cause your too stiff to turn and run with them that allows a 50-60+ play .

we’ve missed on sooooo many good CBs that have gone elsewhere because the two Idiots in charge think they’re too small or too short is ridiculous.

Maybe you ought to start exercising some gray cells and look beneath the surface and start connecting the dots.

Advertisement
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about....
Banda had Jaquan, Jenkins, Red wine( who Mike coached first). Mike had Mike Jack, Corn, Young. The last 2 years have been bad for our entire secondary. Rumph needed to go but this notion that our safety play has been much better than our corner play is not true. Banda got a DC job because besides being a better recruiter Manny Diaz who is a ex Mayor's son is his homie.

Funny how people forget that when DIAZ was hired here...the excuse for DIAZ's days in Texas, was that DIAZ had a feud with the Secondary coach about DB technique and fit in the scheme. The secondary coach at the time was Duane Atkina who had coached DB's for 30 fcking years. But yeah, Rumph is the problem. That's why our safeties take terrible angles...cuz Rumph.
This right here.

Advertisement
Banda had Jaquan, Jenkins, Red wine( who Mike coached first). Mike had Mike Jack, Corn, Young. The last 2 years have been bad for our entire secondary. Rumph needed to go but this notion that our safety play has been much better than our corner play is not true. Banda got a DC job because besides being a better recruiter Manny Diaz who is a ex Mayor's son is his homie.
Nah he got hired cause he does build relationships on the trail. Recruiters get hired unless your some elite x and o dude. It was obvious everyone that has a clue that banda would be the one to get a job somewhere. I think this was brought up during the season

Rumph can't bring in first round talent at corner in sfla coaching UM....that means fire him. Same for who takes over. If he can't bring in elite names get him TF out my face.

It's Manny's last year next season anyway so

No it’s not. And you know that.

Advertisement
Back