Mike Rumph era is over!

Dudes refuse to place any blame on diaz

nah Diaz does deserve blame bc its his defense at the end of the day since he was the DC and hes the HC now, but what is happening w rumph is select posters refuse to put any blame on his shoulders and blame everywhere else. it was a collective fail and all parties deserve blame.

Advertisement
they're here blaming Banda who actually got a DC job elsewhere. all you need to know. Banda actually got a promotion meanwhile rumph is apparently fighting people bc he cant recruit. reminds me of the story that a coach pulled a gun on a player
Might as well ask the question: did the coach pull the gun on Banda or Rumph or was it just a player?

Might as well ask the question: did the coach pull the gun on Banda or Rumph or was it just a player?

nah that was the Hightower story I think. cant remember exactly who ti was but it was said on here that some coach or staffer pulled a gun on a. dude lol

Advertisement
so if Rumph was fired, but not baker, seems to me that baker would stay. if not, why not fire him first?

id rather it be done the way where they have their successors in place. also, from a contracts perspective, since baker is paid more (one would assume since hes the DC), maybe more to work out with a buyout.

Dudes refuse to place any blame on diaz
You can say the same for Rumph defenders. I never said Diaz doesn't deserve any blame, but what I do know is other positions are landing guys and Rumph's specific position is not. There is a problem. If we continue to whiff under a new DB coach then we will have an answer and Diaz will be gone, quite simple. I am quite positive tho the next DB coach can do better than landing a converted wr as our only cb commit or at least I hope 😂

ah well bc some random on the Internet said it, it must be true. sorry, gonna need to see some actual evidence of it. youre a good poster but the theories that get sprouted on here by people are ridiculous.
No random person.....Trust me

90% of this board hates Diaz. You and 2 other dudes in here just cape for Rumph no matter what.

bingo. ill blame them all. they all failed including Diaz as a collective group with regards to the defense. it isnt all on rumph as it isnt all on Banda, stroud, etc. its a collective efforts and they all failed. all of their individual failures do fall on Diaz since hes the head coach in charge of it all. he gets all the blame no matter what. no one can dispute that. he failed in that regard

Advertisement
90% of this board hates Diaz. You and 2 other dudes in here just cape for Rumph no matter what.
Where you see me defending rumph? Yea I ain’t gone sit around like a punk bîtch and cry bout the man all day everyday like you fools. Get the fûck out my face and Sit yo clown *** down

Advertisement
No.....Banda was at fault....
Banda was at fault for the Corner back play and recruiting?
1609877577938.gif

Advertisement
Funny how people forget that when DIAZ was hired here...the excuse for DIAZ's days in Texas, was that DIAZ had a feud with the Secondary coach about DB technique and fit in the scheme. The secondary coach at the time was Duane Atkina who had coached DB's for 30 fcking years. But yeah, Rumph is the problem. That's why our safeties take terrible angles...cuz Rumph.
Red and Quan were never this out of position coming down hill..our best safety in Run support is with out a doubt Hall

Replacing/swapping out Rumph ain't solving our issues as a defense. Rumph ain't the reason Diaz has 2 of the worst single game defensive run performances in CFB history. It starts at the top.

As far as the CB room, YES, it is not up to standard...So EVERYONE that has a hand in that room is at blame....but THIS is where the point has to be made. If Rumph is being told what he can and can't do as the CB manager, and Diaz replaces him with Coach -ABC-. How can we really expect improvement in the CB room if Diaz proceeds to now tell coach -ABC- what he can and can't do? The REASON why we are arguing so hard...is because people REFUSE to accept that Diaz/Banda dictated the capabilities of Rumph....Then the counter argument is that Rumph is new to coaching, so he needs to have direction from Manny who "has more experience in the college world". But then like I said earlier...what was the reason for Diaz trying hard to over rule the way that Duane Akina (again, 30 years of experience coaching DBs at the time) ran his DB room? And who's to say that whoever Diaz hires to replace Banda/Rumph will be ALLOWED to have a bigger voice in the way it is ran/recruited?

Advertisement
Back