Mike Rumph era is over!

they're here blaming Banda who actually got a DC job elsewhere. all you need to know. Banda actually got a promotion meanwhile rumph is apparently fighting people bc he cant recruit. reminds me of the story that a coach pulled a gun on a player

Funny how people forget that when DIAZ was hired here...the excuse for DIAZ's days in Texas, was that DIAZ had a feud with the Secondary coach about DB technique and fit in the scheme. The secondary coach at the time was Duane Atkina who had coached DB's for 30 fcking years. But yeah, Rumph is the problem. That's why our safeties take terrible angles...cuz Rumph.

Advertisement
Funny how people forget that when DIAZ was hired here...the excuse for DIAZ's days in Texas, was that DIAZ had a feud with the Secondary coach about DB technique and fit in the scheme. The secondary coach at the time was Duane Atkina who had coached DB's for 30 fcking years. But yeah, Rumph is the problem. That's why our safeties take terrible angles...cuz Rumph.

ah yes rumph isnt a problem. beast coach

This is the exact correct response. Why is it so hard for some people?

There are a lot of ****ty people in the world, and I think Miami's fanbase has a disproportional amount of them. Mention Randy Shannon's name and here and the insults and name calling will start flying. I don't get it. The guy gave everything he had to the U. Yeah he wasn't a good HC, but he didn't hire himself. Why is it so hard to just say, "I don't care for his coaching but he's welcome to be around the program anytime?"

Advertisement
they're here blaming Banda who actually got a DC job elsewhere. all you need to know. Banda actually got a promotion meanwhile rumph is apparently fighting people bc he cant recruit. reminds me of the story that a coach pulled a gun on a player
utah's web site has not made this announcement yet about Banda. Did some news sources jump the gun

According to dsddcane, rumph coached the safeties too so ppl can't have it both ways

According to dsddcane, rumph coached the safeties too so ppl can't have it both ways

Never said that. what d said was that the Safeties go to Rumph for advice. Rumph aint the one putting his drills in place or repping the safeties.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wait, wut? Manny pulled a gun on a player? GTFOOH!

Dudes refuse to place any blame on diaz

He was a great Cane and for that I'll always respect Mike Rumph the player. So much has been said about his lack of crooting and Manny/Banda having say over who he can and can't offer, IDK WTF to believe. At the end of the day his unit was a liability and that's unacceptable. Good luck, but it's beyond time for a change.
end of the day its on the head man :

Advertisement
Never said that. what d said was that the Safeties go to Rumph for advice. Rumph aint the one putting his drills in place or repping the safeties.
I'm sure neither one of us have the desire to search for the post so we can agree to disagree lol. I dont deny that there is some sort tension between the two, but I find it hard press to believe a guy stayed on for 5 years if another coach was sabotaging him the whole time. I find it even harder to believe that another coach would essentially sabotage the team when it is their livelihood. Banda had his misses, but he hit too. Rumph can not and could not recruit period. We as a fanbase deserve better and that isn't just Rumph.

Will always be a Cane. He did what he could here but his extreme limitations as a recruiter really have held the CB position back for quite some time.
I don't know which group perform worst : the linebackers or the corners, but when your safeties are your leading tacklers : I think it be the linebackers and who is that position coach ?

Bottom line is that Rumph didn’t get the job done. It sucks for UM and him that he didn’t get it done. He had a chance, and that’s more than most people get. It’s time to find someone who can do the job. Will this solve the problems? absolutely not, but it’s a start.

Advertisement
Back