Mike Rumph era is over!

Advertisement
Just more turnover. The only turnover we want are coaches being poached for better gigs. I don't think that has happened since Butch was here, and that move is very debatable.

By all accounts, Rumph simply didn't have the juice, simply couldn't get **** done within his role.

Advertisement
Maybe
Any chance Rumph is actually a good coach and **** of recruiter that Manny slept on and ruined his career.
No chance on either. He may have wanted some CBs that Manny didn't allow him to waste time on, but we went all out on Campbell, Stevenson, Jobe, etc and he couldn't get them.

With regards to coaching he is in charge of teaching the CBs the technique and fundamentals not looking at the ball and having terrible ball skills is not because of the scheme

I dont doubt he was handicapped in some way but there is also no denying that his room regressed while he was here. He is a great cane and I do not like to see people bashing him.

Recruiting wasn't his forte, he admitted he sought help, and got made fun of for it. But at least he recognized his weakness and tried to fix it.

I just saw some fundamental things with Rumph that were not translating any longer to his coaching, maybe he was just going through the motions because he was tired of being hung out to dry but being physical, playing the ball, and punching out a hip pocket were Rumphs staples and they all but disappeared from his recruits. I get his room maybe wasn't full of kids he wanted but that does not explain why kids actually got worse, he had some talent in the room. It was an experiment and didnt work, should have happened last year but hope he lands on his feet.

Advertisement
Metaphorically or did they actually fight? It's not unheard of to have two coaches fight each other over disagreements but this intrigues me and adds fuel to the Mike was coaching and recruiting with one hand tied behind his back theory
Fisticuffs.....Banda lost a High prized recruit and tried to blame Mike....thats undeniable...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back