Mike Redding: great story by Christy Chirinos

Advertisement
Great article. I think Redding can still be productive. One thing I came away surprised about is - this season is his third year RS Freshman year. He is built like a brick sh1thouse and just needs the light to turn on. I think too many people talk negatively about him on here.

Did he have a great season - no - but can’t say that for any WR - and he did have some flashes.

The figures mentioned regarding the percent of black mental health professionals are super low - Like Redding said - it’s a stigma thing - but hopefully that changes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Far too often we hear about the bad things young people are doing and not nearly enough about the good things they do. Hearing/reading stories about exceptional young men (or women) like Micheal gives me great joy and hope for the future.

Good on him for keeping his eye on the real prize, life after football with a degree in hand. So many collegiate athletes go to school and dream of stardom in their sport that they don't think about what happens if they don't make it. Many don't and waste their time in school.

This is always my hope for these young men. Forget being a fan of a game for a moment, w/o jumping into a rabbit hole, I’ll just say I really root for all these young men to focus on that educational piece.

I really hate how education has been de-emphasized, especially as student-athletes. Many don’t make it the next level, & those who do, few find longevity in it. So what’s the backup plan? Kudos to Mike for finding his calling even if he does make it to the NFL in some capacity.

Advertisement
Great article. I think Redding can still be productive. One thing I came away surprised about is - this season is his third year RS Freshman year. He is built like a brick sh1thouse and just needs the light to turn on. I think too many people talk negatively about him on here.

Did he have a great season - no - but can’t say that for any WR - and he did have some flashes.

The figures mentioned regarding the percent of black mental health professionals are super low - Like Redding said - it’s a stigma thing - but hopefully that changes.

He was a solid possession receiver for the most part.

He can help this offense if he starts attacking the ball in the air. He lost snaps because he lacks big play ability and frustratingly doesn't high point the ball.

In a better passing scheme, I think he is a high quality back up to Young (who I expect to have a Hurns-like seadon this year).

Advertisement
love to see this....

This is why when peeps talk about some kids hitting portal or need to go you have to know the story behind it...Hes a guy that seems to be all cane, a solid worker, and attached in the cane community through the mental health part. If dude puts on and continues this trajectory post college he may can end up on college or nfl squads as not aplayer but on these sport teams as mental health sports professional..Rooting for him to have a 20+ catch szn...keep in mind he has at minimum 2 years left here

All Cane,educated, representing and a good guy. Comes from a great family too. Wishing this young man nothing but the best.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back