Mike Pinckney - “Best Recruiting Closer”

AG2

Redshirt Freshman
Interesting quote from Barry Jackson’s article:

“It absolutely pains me to compliment this person but Michael Pinckney has been our closer for two years,” UM player personnel director Matt Doherty told WQAM's Joe Rose show. “The dude is good. He just gets along with everybody. He's a confluence of everybody's personality. There's something to like about him no matter who you are.”

This Miami Hurricanes freshman is making quite an impression in UM player workouts

Advertisement
Pinckney hosted nesta and others on official visits, seems like he’s good at integrating the new guys into the program

why the **** would it "absolutely pain him to compliment" Pinckney exactly?

hoping it's a sarcastic comment

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pope & Hightower are going to be absolute monsters for the next 3 years. I'd love to have a QB that can really spin it accurately. Even over a guy who can cause problems in the run game with descent accuracy.

Advertisement
This is why you guys who are always nitpicking his physique sound like complete idiots.

Aside from the fact it's not even that bad, people forget Pinckney is arguably our best LB, certainly the most instinctual & is absolute leader on this Defense. In terms of leadership, he's in the same echelon as Quan, Shaq & Chad was.

Now put the cherry on top that he's actually a **** good host/recruiter too, the kid deserves waaaay more credit than he gets from fans on here. No disrespect to Shaq, but Pinck is my favorite LB on this team, that boy was born a Cane.

Pope & Hightower are going to be absolute monsters for the next 3 years. I'd love to have a QB that can really spin it accurately. Even over a guy who can cause problems in the run game with descent accuracy.

Imagine a 4 WR set with Hightower/Richards on the outside and Pope/Thomas in the slot with Dallas in the backfield and Brevin at TE.

Jesus.

Because Pick has enough confidence that he doesn't want to inflate his head any further.

That's my take atleast...wasn't anything negative that's for sure.

This. Pinck is one of those players you cant give too much kudos to or cant big him up too much. Remember Richt had to snatch his press pass away because he was talking too much **** his freshmen year in interviews. LOL. Gotta love Pinck though. True UM LB.

Advertisement
Great News.

From his very first snap and backfield stop celebration I knew this kid was a true Cane.
Hope he keeps up the great work on and off the field representing the U in such a great way.

Advertisement
This is why you guys who are always nitpicking his physique sound like complete idiots.

Aside from the fact it's not even that bad, people forget Pinckney is arguably our best LB, certainly the most instinctual & is absolute leader on this Defense. In terms of leadership, he's in the same echelon as Quan, Shaq & Chad was.

Now put the cherry on top that he's actually a **** good host/recruiter too, the kid deserves waaaay more credit than he gets from fans on here. No disrespect to Shaq, but Pinck is my favorite LB on this team, that boy was born a Cane.

He's my fav player on the team for sure.

Best instincts of the whole LB group fasho. If Shaq could just get a little bit of that in his game he would beast.

Advertisement
Back