Confirmed Mike Martin..

Advertisement
Advertisement
RIP to him and his family.

Those guys played us. They didn't duck us. Even when it would have been to their advantage to duck us.

I respect that.

Advertisement
That 1999 title game was about as good as college baseball can get. We desperately wanted to not only win, but keep FSU from winning.

Martin was a great manager, who always had his team ready to play. While I never wanted FSU to win a title, I wouldn't have minded him winning one.

W
That 1999 title game was about as good as college baseball can get. We desperately wanted to not only win, but keep FSU from winning.

Martin was a great manager, who always had his team ready to play. While I never wanted FSU to win a title, I wouldn't have minded him winning one.
Was there in '01 but not '99. About as close to perfect baseball as I've ever seen: coaching, pitching, defense, base-running and balanced/timely hitting.

And you needed to be because nobody's ace threw upper 90's. Stanford didn't know what hit them in the title game.

RIP to him and his family.

Those guys played us. They didn't duck us. Even when it would have been to their advantage to duck us.

I respect that.

No disrespect to Martin (RIP), but it was never an advantage to duck UM.
In fact, it was to their benefit to play us every year for recruiting reasons. Just as it is the same for the other state school in North Florida.
We were (the baseball) G-d's gift to their baseball schedule.
Sorry, but I heard the same nonsense about the other guy named Bowden being great because they played us. Both of those coaches went out their way to do UM baseball and football dirty.
So I say RIP to both of them but put that reverence nonsense away. Save for other coaches who deserved it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back