Mike Martin = WOW

ssvir

Sophomore
Premium
Drew Parrish pitched 8 shut out innings in 110+/- pitches.

There is then a 2.5 hour rain delay and MM brings him back out to pitch.

Proceeds to walk 2 guys and give up the season ending walk-off 3 run HR on his 130th pitch.

LOL

Advertisement
Drew Parrish pitched 8 shut out innings in 110+/- pitches.

There is a 2.5 hour rain delay and MM brings he back out to pitch.

Proceeds to walk 2 guys and give up the season ending walk-off 3 run HR on his 130th pitch.

LOL

FSU - 2 and BBQ at home. Sweet.

I couldn't believe the starter came back out, but then it's Mike Martin, so, anything is possible in the "bad head coaching decisions" category.

We have nothing to crow about this year, so I guess we'll take the little pleasures of FSU's bad fortune.

The only things that I get equal joy out of comparative to a Miami win is a crushing defeat of FSU/UF.

Advertisement
Unbelievable, how can you bring that kid back after a 2.5 hour delay.

And then to leave him in after a couple of hitters reach base. That might be MM's swan song.

Total win record or not, the alumni have to be tired of the post season melt downs.

Advertisement
I was perma-banned last week and when I came back to read some stuff I was magically un-banned.

The first thing I saw?

This glorious thread.

I sure hope Gino brings us back to national relevance, as these post season college baseball games offer unbelievable drama. Although, college baseball needs to do something to speed up the games. Bad weather notwithstanding, some of these game times are ridiculous.

I went to a minor league game a month ago, and the pitch clock worked very well. A 3 -2 game was over in 2 1/2 hours.

I sure hope Gino brings us back to national relevance, as these post season college baseball games offer unbelievable drama. Although, college baseball needs to do something to speed up the games. Bad weather notwithstanding, some of these game times are ridiculous.

I went to a minor league game a month ago, and the pitch clock worked very well. A 3 -2 game was over in 2 1/2 hours.
Agree 100%.

Advertisement
Anyone else notice who UNC Wilmington's hitting star was? None other than Kep Brown - 7 hits in two games (1 HR) including the game winning hit to walk it off vs Ohio State.

What was the story with his departure - not sure I was buying the "homesick" excuse or whatever I recall reading?

What an idiotic coaching decision. Any coach that brings a pitcher back after a long delay deserves to lose that game.

Death, taxes, and Mike Martin failing in June. May he never retire.

Honestly, I feel bad for the kid who was pitching. I'm sure Martin asked him and the kid said he was feeling good and could do it. But that's just idiotic. The kid threw a stellar game for 8 innings and probably would have finished it off without a delay. But after that long of a delay it's just plain dumb to ask the kid to go back out there. As a Canes fan I'm entertained by FSU absolutely blowing it, but man that poor kid must be bumming right now.

Honestly, I feel bad for the kid who was pitching. I'm sure Martin asked him and the kid said he was feeling good and could do it. But that's just idiotic. The kid threw a stellar game for 8 innings and probably would have finished it off without a delay. But after that long of a delay it's just plain dumb to ask the kid to go back out there. As a Canes fan I'm entertained by FSU absolutely blowing it, but man that poor kid must be bumming right now.

Then he shouldn’t have gone to FSU.

Advertisement
Anyone else notice who UNC Wilmington's hitting star was? None other than Kep Brown - 7 hits in two games (1 HR) including the game winning hit to walk it off vs Ohio State.

What was the story with his departure - not sure I was buying the "homesick" excuse or whatever I recall reading?

Wow, I watched a couple innings of UNC-W's games but I didn't put together who that was. He's freaking enormous. His season stats aren't terribly impressive, but he's more of a power threat than most of our lineup. He went to JUCO after decommitting from us. I think it was so he'd be draft eligible earlier, right? Guess that didn't work if he ended up at UNC-W anyway.

Last edited:

I'm for almost anything that will speed up the games. How about not letting hitters step out of the box after every pitch?

Advertisement
Back