Mike Leach watch. Stamford vs WSU official thread.

All the Leach hate is surprising.. the guy (along with Hal Mumme) invented the air raid offense and had success at a terrible program like Texas Tech and is finally about to turn Wazzou around. He's also the most interesting man in college football (read his book "Swing Your Sword" if you don't believe me). I suspect a lot of the people that don't like him either don't know much about him or are just philosophically opposed to the air raid offense. He would win big at Miami

Advertisement
All the Leach hate is surprising.. the guy (along with Hal Mumme) invented the air raid offense and had success at a terrible program like Texas Tech and is finally about to turn Wazzou around. He's also the most interesting man in college football (read his book "Swing Your Sword" if you don't believe me). I suspect a lot of the people that don't like him either don't know much about him or are just philosophically opposed to the air raid offense. He would win big at Miami

Do we have to go through this again? He didn't take over a terrible program at Texas Tech. Texas Tech went to a bowl game in five of the seven years before Leach showed up. Spike Dykes had them going 5-3 in the Big 12. Mike Leach's average record in the Big 12? 5-3.

Mike Leach pulled the wool over your eyes by dumbing down the schedule and scoring 70 points against awful teams. Even with that, it took him until his 9th year.....NINTH YEAR......to get to the 10 win mark.

2007 sums him up perfectly. He scored 59 against Rice, 75 against Northwestern State, and people like you want him to take over your school's program. However, the true Mike Leach team showed up against Missouri, when he could only score 10 points, and again the next week when he lost to unranked Colorado, and again two weeks later when he gave up 59 to Texas.

His cute little offense is all fun and games while it's working. But with Mike Leach, the "Air Raid" is going to take two weeks off during the year, and the defense is going to give up 40+ about every Saturday.

Eh, no thanks.

Advertisement
Leach won. Kicker lost. Gimme some Leach.

Nope. He still lost, and you Leach lovers finally lost some steam. He likely won't win the division either. Honestly, he beats up on pedestrian teams and inflates his offensive statistics against said opponents.

Is he better than Golden? I'll give you an astounding yes.

Is he going to win a national title at Miami? No. Given that he has never had a good defense while a head coach.

Before you fckers start talking about pairing him with a legit DC...or....well with South Florida recruits, he'll have a defense that "flies around". I don't want to hear it.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure if you could ask Leach, he would tell you that he don't feel like he won, lol. He is a good coach, tho.

Nope. He still lost, and you Leach lovers finally lost some steam. He likely won't win the division either. Honestly, he beats up on pedestrian teams and inflates his offensive statistics against said opponents.

Is he going to win a national title at Miami? No. Given that he has never had a good defense while a head coach.

Before you fckers start talking about pairing him with a legit DC...or....well with South Florida recruits, he'll have a defense that "flies around". I don't want to hear it.

Yeah because beating USC and Beating Oregon are pedestrian teams. Who the **** cared about Washington State or even thought they'd have a chance to do what they are doing before he got there? Answer that. Nobody gave a **** about Washington State and they are clearly a threat in the Pac 12. If that does open your eyes I don't know what will.

Here's the strength of schedule of Herman. 126th of 128 now let's talk about Pedestrian teams.

He should'vewon tonight. Kicker Bobby Bowden ed him. Well played against the #8 team in the country. Deserved to win, but it happens. Leach' D was better than anything we've seen around here for awhile. Any Leach haters who actually watched the game and walked away still hating him are insane. Good coach. I know he won't be here, but props.

Advertisement

Yeah because beating USC and Beating Oregon are pedestrian teams. Who the **** cared about Washington State or even thought they'd have a chance to do what they are doing before he got there? Answer that. Nobody gave a **** about Washington State and they are clearly a threat in the Pac 12. If that does open your eyes I don't know what will.

Here's the strength of schedule of Herman. 126th of 128 now let's talk about Pedestrian teams.

Oregon's in a down year, and USC has been around our level for quite some time. I'll give it to Leach, his team came to play. But he's not a well rounded coach.

If you want a coach that's better than Golden, then sure. Go get Leach, if that's honestly the acumen you're looking for.

But that's not saying much as Schiano, Cristobal, and Chud would fit the criteria as well.

You Leach supporters are hilarious. If he were to get the job and fold in 3 years, you'd probably sign up for new accounts on this board and blast him before anyone. Or even worse, you'd become a slurper similar to what we had to deal with the Golden girls.

Oregon's in a down year, and USC has been around our level for quite some time. I'll give it to Leach, his team came to play. But he's not a well rounded coach.

If you want a coach that's better than Golden, then sure. Go get Leach, if that's honestly the acumen you're looking for.

But that's not saying much as Schiano, Cristobal, and Chud would fit the criteria as well.

You Leach supporters are hilarious. If he were to get the job and fold in 3 years, you'd probably sign up for new accounts on this board and blast him before anyone. Or even worse, you'd become a slurper similar to what we had to deal with the Golden girls.

No way. He'd be good for 9 wins consistently like he was at tech and every 3-4 a championship. He's a good coach. He may just like rebuilding teams like Parcells did when he was at the Jets or Cowboys. That may just be his thing, but there are very few coaches that can go to left for dead programs and make them a threat to the big dogs. That's what shows how good he is.

I've read the book and I'm philosophically opposed to retarded coaches.

Advertisement
Leach would make an immediate impact (in a positive way) for you impatient folks. Butch would be a good hire too, but don't expect results for 3-4 years
Butch wins with talent. No talent, no wins for him. He wont out coach anyone; never has, never will. Leach is used to beating teams with superior talent. Both coaches would be exciting, but Leach would get us where we want to be sooner. Criticize him all you like, I can pull out the stats vs. Butch too. The real question is: how patient are you?

The biggest problem with Leach... he has baggage. If they're gonna hire a coach with "baggage", it's gonna be Butch. Moving on.

If you can't run the ball when you NEED to you end up losing games that you shouldn't.

That is why the "Air raid" offense will never win a NC.

Did you see Njoku last night?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Advertisement
Back