Mike Leach + OU

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23667

I don't think it will happen but it's pretty impressive that Barry Switzer is recommending him for HC at OU.

Oklahoma legend says Mike Leach would be his pick for OU head coach​

Barry Switzer, the guy who took over for Fairbanks in 1973 and went 157-29-4 as the Sooner coach, has an idea for who it should be.

“It’s a huge moment (for the program),” Switzer told ESPN 102.3 in Sioux Falls on Monday. “We’ve got to hire a head coach that recruits quarterbacks and receivers. We got to have an experienced head coach, like Lincoln was, that recruited quarterbacks. Quarterbacks knew of his capabilities, seem to support what he’s accomplished.

“There’s about 3 or 4 guys out there like that. I can start naming them. There’s not many of them. Lane Kiffin does that at Ole Miss. He’s been around a lot different places, you got some baggage, but he’s a **** of a coach. You got one guy that coached them all, Mike Leach. Mike Leach, Mississippi State, he coached Lincoln Riley. He taught Lincoln Riley the system and all, and he’s won everywhere he’s been.”

Texas Tech, he had 10-win seasons,” Switzer said of Leach. “He wins 10 with Washington State. He just now got to … Mississippi State, who isn’t a powerhouse in the SEC, you know that. They’re a cellar team and all of a sudden, he’s got them in bowl contention. Well, they’re already in bowl play. He would be my guy. … I would go Mike Leach because you’ve got to have an offensive coach."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't think it will happen but it's pretty impressive that Barry Switzer is recommending him for HC at OU.

Oklahoma legend says Mike Leach would be his pick for OU head coach​

Barry Switzer, the guy who took over for Fairbanks in 1973 and went 157-29-4 as the Sooner coach, has an idea for who it should be.

“It’s a huge moment (for the program),” Switzer told ESPN 102.3 in Sioux Falls on Monday. “We’ve got to hire a head coach that recruits quarterbacks and receivers. We got to have an experienced head coach, like Lincoln was, that recruited quarterbacks. Quarterbacks knew of his capabilities, seem to support what he’s accomplished.

“There’s about 3 or 4 guys out there like that. I can start naming them. There’s not many of them. Lane Kiffin does that at Ole Miss. He’s been around a lot different places, you got some baggage, but he’s a **** of a coach. You got one guy that coached them all, Mike Leach. Mike Leach, Mississippi State, he coached Lincoln Riley. He taught Lincoln Riley the system and all, and he’s won everywhere he’s been.”

Texas Tech, he had 10-win seasons,” Switzer said of Leach. “He wins 10 with Washington State. He just now got to … Mississippi State, who isn’t a powerhouse in the SEC, you know that. They’re a cellar team and all of a sudden, he’s got them in bowl contention. Well, they’re already in bowl play. He would be my guy. … I would go Mike Leach because you’ve got to have an offensive coach."

That's why Barry Switzer is currently a fluffer for the back up clowns at the county fair.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don’t get the hate. The guy has produced everywhere he’s went and he’s never had a ringer job. His teams are well coached. He doesn’t put up some front in the media and market himself like some greasy used car sales/ country preacher. He is who is he is, maybe not a lights out recruiter or pitchman but he’s a solid tactician whose teams have consistently performed or over performed.

LOL, that would be awesome, Oklahoma would be joining the SEC to get skull****ed.

Advertisement
Back