Mike Harley available to play this week

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami freshman WR Mike Harley sat out the last two games with a high ankle sprain, but will be available to play this week against Notre Dame, sources told Canesinsight.

Advertisement
Miami freshman WR Mike Harley sat out the last two games with a high ankle sprain, but will be available to play this week against Notre Dame, sources told Canesinsight.

Why havent him and Cager been on the injury reports?

Advertisement
I'm sure Harley hasn't had the start he's been hoping for but dude's a grinder. He's def hungry to get on the field and show everyone what he can do

Available to play doesn’t mean WILL play.

If it’s a high ankle sprain, I assume he’s not 100%, but has recovered enough to play if needed.

If the coaches feel they can get away with not putting him in, they might feel it wouldn’t hurt to let the ankle heal another week.

Advertisement

If it’s a high ankle sprain, I assume he’s not 100%, but has recovered enough to play if needed.

If the coaches feel they can get away with not putting him in, they might feel it wouldn’t hurt to let the ankle heal another week.

We've seen exactly that all year with the "available to play" guys. They pretty much don't play. We'll know if he's going to play or not if he practices this week. If he's not full go at practice he won't play.

We've seen exactly that all year with the "available to play" guys. They pretty much don't play. We'll know if he's going to play or not if he practices this week. If he's not full go at practice he won't play.

My thoughts exactly, which is why I’m guessing that if it’s not an emergency, he’s not playing.

And when you take into consideration that high ankle sprains aren’t short recovery injuries, why not let it get better? We still have four more games, at least, after Notre Dame.

Harley has dressed the last couple games, has he not? I'm guess if he was really bad and had no option of playing that he wouldn't have even dressed? Maybe I'm off.

ND is gonna have serious issues matching up. I can see Deejay being a macthup nightmare when they motion to empty

Advertisement
Myabebits just in the wording? Mike? Is he “available” to play or is he practicing and gonna play? Big difference.

Harley's speed will make an impact on this game. We have to play fast and aggressive. Let our speed guys stretch the field.

Advertisement
I only want him to play if he's full go. Richards hurt is still better than all our gusy. Harley hurt is not.

Though the question really is, is Harley hurt better than Dayall Harris? Cause Richards and Berrios will basically be on the field the entire game. But Langham for some reason is unable to be subbed in opposite Richards in Jeff Thomas' Position when he gets subbed out.. If Langham could play both outside WR positions that'd be best case scenario for us until Harley gets back. But until then Harris has been subbing in for Thomas, and I don't think Harris is good. So maybe a hurt Harley is worth trotting out there.

Advertisement
Back