Mike Barrow

Advertisement
Barrow was a mediocre coach under Randy when they ran a 4-3. He was useless as a 3-4 LBs coach. Let's not rewrite history just bc Al Golden professionally relieved of his duties as head coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who the fvck wants Barrow back?! The guy was mediocre at best as a LB coach....probably much worse than that. His reputation as recruiter was also extremely overblown. Apart from Arthur Brown he pulled nobody. I want good coaches regardless of where they´re from. No more guys just because they´re Canes.

I don't care one way or the other, but he is the only reason Denzel Perryman got to sign with Miami. So pounding the table for Denzel is bigger than any "pull"

Who the fvck wants Barrow back?! The guy was mediocre at best as a LB coach....probably much worse than that. His reputation as recruiter was also extremely overblown. Apart from Arthur Brown he pulled nobody. I want good coaches regardless of where they´re from. No more guys just because they´re Canes.

I don't care one way or the other, but he is the only reason Denzel Perryman got to sign with Miami. So pounding the table for Denzel is bigger than any "pull"

How many times does it need to be explained that there is no such thing as a great recruiter. Three things recruit: brand, wins, and money.

How many times does it need to be explained that there is no such thing as a great recruiter. Three things recruit: brand, wins, and money.

Plenty of people don't have that few point so I guess you're gonna have to explain it over and over including to Will Muschamp and coaches around the country. A major reason Tim Irvin isn't at Texas and decided on Auburn is because of Travaris Robinson. I don't think Irvin would've followed him to Vanderbilt but if you give Miami Robinson and Auburn Paul Williams, Irvin is probably enrolling at Miami. So in comparable situations/close battles great recruiters do exist.

Advertisement

No offense to you or your views, but I think this is a pretty ignorant statement. If that was the case, then Nebraska from the 90's would have never fallen off, neither would Tennessee from the late 90's, or USC from the early 2000's, or us for that matter. I do agree though, that those things are important, but just like in order to sell anything, you have to have the ability to persuade these kids to buy in to what we're selling. And some guys are better at that than others.

Advertisement
Back