Middle Tenn State vs San Diego State Bowl Game

LatinCane

Sophomore
Who are we pulling for in this one? Do we pull for MTSU, who beat our a$$ on the field in 2022 or do we pull for the team who's a$$ we beat both on and off the field in 1990 and 1992?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MTSU won this game. Told ya’ll they weren’t nearly as bad as they were out to be. It was still absolutely unacceptable to yield **** near 85 yrds/reception to one WR & 70 to the other!
Before the remainder of the season played out, the loss to MTSU was one of my top 3 worst/embarrassing losses. Knowing what we know now (that MTSU is not total garbage), the loss to MTSU is not in my top 5 now. I would still rank it in my top 10 of bad losses, because of the way we lost the game. The loss to MTSU was still inexcusable and unacceptable, but we have lost to far more of inferior teams over the last few years.

I look at MTSU like Southern Miss, a team we handled pretty easily. Both programs are FBS, but not from P5 conferences. Neither team is a pushover, but they shouldn't be overlooked or they can sneak up on you. Southern Miss has a little more of a winning tradition. I actually remember Southern Miss, Marshall, and East Carolina being the programs that could keep up with the big boys before teams like App State and Coastal Carolina started making a name for themselves.

So yes, we still should have beat MTSU handily. No, they are not the worst team we have lost to in recent memory.

Before the remainder of the season played out, the loss to MTSU was one of my top 3 worst/embarrassing losses. Knowing what we know now (that MTSU is not total garbage), the loss to MTSU is not in my top 5 now. I would still rank it in my top 10 of bad losses, because of the way we lost the game. The loss to MTSU was still inexcusable and unacceptable, but we have lost to far more of inferior teams over the last few years.

I look at MTSU like Southern Miss, a team we handled pretty easily. Both programs are FBS, but not from P5 conferences. Neither team is a pushover, but they shouldn't be overlooked or they can sneak up on you. Southern Miss has a little more of a winning tradition. I actually remember Southern Miss, Marshall, and East Carolina being the programs that could keep up with the big boys before teams like App State and Coastal Carolina started making a name for themselves.

So yes, we still should have beat MTSU handily. No, they are not the worst team we have lost to in recent memory.
We're the Miami Hurricanes. Not only losing, but getting BLOWN OUT Jada Fire style by a G5 team is absolutely the worst loss in school history, at least in my lifetime (1993-present.) Don't make any excuses now

Advertisement
One of my colleagues balled for SDSU. His first comment after seeing my [[_]] cap was that SDSU-Miami games always ended in a brawl. His second comment was that Miami had to be great again to help college football.
and his third comment was MTSU and SDSU would both bukkake Miami...🤣🤣🤣

1665535558779.gif

MTSU won this game. Told ya’ll they weren’t nearly as bad as they were out to be. It was still absolutely unacceptable to yield **** near 85 yrds/reception to one WR & 70 to the other!

I was surprised they ended at 7-5 and watched some of this game. They would beat us again and they probably run away with it by halftime

Last edited:
We're the Miami Hurricanes. Not only losing, but getting BLOWN OUT Jada Fire style by a G5 team is absolutely the worst loss in school history, at least in my lifetime (1993-present.) Don't make any excuses now
I'm not making excuses for Mario and staff. I stated in my previous post that the loss to MTSU was inexcusable and unacceptable. It was a very bad loss. The coaches failed at every aspect for this game. The lack of preparation and the lack of in game adjustments was appalling.

Just looking back on it now, I don't think it will go down in my top 5 of worst/most embarrassing losses of all time. We had no business losing to MTSU, but they are not on the same competitive level as Bethune Cookman or Central Connecticut State. Losing to one of those schools would have been way more detrimental for the program. Honestly, I would put money on MTSU beating half the teams in the Coastal division (UVA, VT, GT). The MTSU game will always be in that upper tier of horrible losses, but it hurts more right now due to it being very recent.

I think these losses below will go down in history as a worse/embarrassing/humiliating loss

1. FIU - 2019 (Losing to FCS school and former coach on a field where the hollowed grounds of the Orange Bowl once stood)
2. UVA - 2007 (Last game in Orange Bowl and we get blown out 48 - 0)
3. LA Tech- 2019 (Getting shut out in a bowl game 14-0 and the score wasnt even that close. Only shut out in the Independence Bowl's history)
4. UNC - 2020 (The curb stomping of all curb stomping's. No other words to describe it.)
5. ECU (East Carolina) - 1996. (Losing to ECU at home 31 - 6 was unfathomable at the time. CIS would have blown up if it was around then).

I would put the MTSU loss as #6 or #7. I don't know. The FSU game this year was pretty bad. It's not like they are a juggernaut and they absolutely throttled us.

Advertisement

1. What does “We’re The Miami Hurricanes” even mean? This chit don’t even hold weight anymore. Have u seen the losses we have over the last 17 yrs?

2. Stop w/ this is the worst loss in program history rhetoric. Clearly MTSU was much better than we thought & that’s not even debatable. Second, MTSU have P5 bodies on their resume. The worst loss in program’s history came in 2019, against FIU. A program that’s won sub 40% of the total games they’ve played, and never beaten a P5 program ever & they finished sub .500 on the season.

This is not excusing the loss to a G5 program vs. criticizing the hyperbolic nature of this post.

Last edited:
I'm not making excuses for Mario and staff. I stated in my previous post that the loss to MTSU was inexcusable and unacceptable. It was a very bad loss. The coaches failed at every aspect for this game. The lack of preparation and the lack of in game adjustments was appalling.

Just looking back on it now, I don't think it will go down in my top 5 of worst/most embarrassing losses of all time. We had no business losing to MTSU, but they are not on the same competitive level as Bethune Cookman or Central Connecticut State. Losing to one of those schools would have been way more detrimental for the program. Honestly, I would put money on MTSU beating half the teams in the Coastal division (UVA, VT, GT). The MTSU game will always be in that upper tier of horrible losses, but it hurts more right now due to it being very recent.

I think these losses below will go down in history as a worse/embarrassing/humiliating loss

1. FIU - 2019 (Losing to FCS school and former coach on a field where the hollowed grounds of the Orange Bowl once stood)
2. UVA - 2007 (Last game in Orange Bowl and we get blown out 48 - 0)
3. LA Tech- 2019 (Getting shut out in a bowl game 14-0 and the score wasnt even that close. Only shut out in the Independence Bowl's history)
4. UNC - 2020 (The curb stomping of all curb stomping's. No other words to describe it.)
5. ECU (East Carolina) - 1996. (Losing to ECU at home 31 - 6 was unfathomable at the time. CIS would have blown up if it was around then).

I would put the MTSU loss as #6 or #7. I don't know. The FSU game this year was pretty bad. It's not like they are a juggernaut and they absolutely throttled us.
FSU '97 (0-47) and Syracuse '98 (13-66) were tough to take.

We went into that 'Cuse game actually ranked ahead of them and got throttled by 50+.
All was good though the following week vs UCLA and a solid bowl win vs NC St.

Advertisement
Back