Mid December, 2010

UMFarArcher

All-ACC
Golden was hired and had a very short window to recruit. Then there were allegations that Golden improperly used Sean Allen to circumvent NCAA rules in making contact with numerous Miami recruits. Which he was directed to do, but is not allowed under NCAA rules.

Recall the very tight recruiting period Golden was limited to.

When asked, Golden responded, "I have been a college coach for more than 18 years and I am proud of - and stand by - my record of compliance over that span." Then continued "As my players and colleagues on all my teams can attest, I believe strongly in doing things the right way with the best of intentions."

Not exactly a emphatic, "NO."

With all the stink, is it possible that some violations occurred, and in exchange for keeping not only himself, but UM from further sanctions - Golden is 'untouchable?'

There IS no other rational explanation. No university EVER reinforces failure like UM is doing.

Advertisement
WHATEVER the reason for keeping Golden...it is no excuse. I will take more sanctions, loss of scholarships etc vs keeping this POS. this guy will do (and is doing) more damage than any NCAA sanctions will ever do

Advertisement
Back