Michigan state, Iowa, Stanford and Bama

Canezum5

Senior
Tell me again how these archaic offenses fair in today's new and advanced systems? Prostyle will never die. Spread works.... But we should stick to our foundation. Add FSU to the list as well

Advertisement
Tell me again how these archaic offenses fair in today's new and advanced systems? Prostyle will never die. Spread works.... But we should stick to our foundation. Add FSU to the list as well

What was our foundation when Dennis Erickson was coaching? That offense looked alot different from the one that Coker and Chud coached.

Go look at the rosters for those 4 schools. See where their OL were born and played high school football. Is Miami going to consistently grab top OL prospects from those areas of the country? Maybe after 2-3 years of dominance. The best OL in school history had two guys from Canada on it.

I like playing to the strength of your recruiting base which is fast and quick WRs. We don't have a TE from Florida on the roster. The ones who we do have outside of Dobard were big WRs in high school. And we see Dobard's time has decreased as the better players got more comfortable.

Advertisement
None of them run D'onofrio defense

That's clear. But this post is about the offense and the belief that the prostyle is falling behind the gimmick spread and read option systems.

Actually 5ringz is right - Miami's great pro style O's of the past had the advantage of HOF players on D - besides Iowa isnt a top 10 team and MSU and Bama have probably the two best Def Head Coaches. I think the key to be creative on O

Advertisement
Back