Michigan - Maryland game canceled

We don't know if the cancelation was intentional, but it does give that appearance. I'd be interested to know how many Michigan players are out. I'd like to doubt that a coach would do that to his players. I'm sure all the Michigan players want to play Ohio State. To cancel illegitimately, would pose a threat to losing the team.

The Big 10 should have enforced transparency. Ohio State wouldn't say how many players were out for Covid-19 so this opens it up for Michigan to do the same.

Advertisement
We don't know if the cancelation was intentional, but it does give that appearance. I'd be interested to know how many Michigan players are out. I'd like to doubt that a coach would do that to his players. I'm sure all the Michigan players want to play Ohio State. To cancel illegitimately, would pose a threat to losing the team.
You know what else poses a threat to losing the team? Getting beat by literally the worst Penn State team in program history like Michigan did last week.

Harbaugh is better off NOT playing any more games at this point.

I can definitely see the committee not putting osu in the playoff with only 5-6 games played.
If Michigan cancels the Ohio State game, Indiana would go to the Championship game and OSU will have played only 5 games assuming they play Michigan State this weekend.

Need Indiana to lose to Wisconsin this week. Better yet if they beat them by more than OSU did.

If that happens and the Michigan game gets cancelled, they have nothing to stand on. 5 wins against mostly scrubs with the only quality win in a close game against a 2 loss team.

Advertisement
Need Indiana to lose to Wisconsin this week. Better yet if they beat them by more than OSU did.

If that happens and the Michigan game gets cancelled, they have nothing to stand on. 5 wins against mostly scrubs with the only quality win in a close game against a 2 loss team.
Well, Indiana's QB tore his ACL last week, so that's probably what will happen.

You know what else poses a threat to losing the team? Getting beat by literally the worst Penn State team in program history like Michigan did last week.

Harbaugh is better off NOT playing any more games at this point.
He's better off not playing to save his job. If he plays against OSU and gets thrashed, he's done for sure. I think Michigan will try to get Iowa State's head coach either way. Matt Campbell is a really good coach. He coached in the MAC before ISU. He knows the Midwest. It's a logical move for Michigan.

Well, Indiana's QB tore his ACL last week, so that's probably what will happen.
It doesn't matter if Indiana loses if the OSU-Michigan game is canceled. OSU won't have enough games played to qualify for the Big 10 championship game regardless of record.

If they dont put them in then I can see 2 SEC (A&M if they win out and Bama) and 2 ACC (Clemson and ND as long as Clemson beats ND)
What if tamu wins out and clemskn beats lame in a close one. And Florida gets boatraced. Do they pick tamu or lame?

Advertisement
Barry Alavarez said today that the Big 10 ADs need to revisit the minimum game situation. He said it isn't fair to penalize Ohio State by being ineligible for the Big 10 Championship as the #4 ranked team in the country... Said the ADs meet each week and they can discuss and amend this policy.

Barry Alavarez said today that the Big 10 ADs need to revisit the minimum game situation. He said it isn't fair to penalize Ohio State by being ineligible for the Big 10 Championship as the #4 ranked team in the country... Said the ADs meet each week and they can discuss and amend this policy.

Interesting.
This leads me to believe he knows something the rest of us do not know.
Like someone in the committee may have have leaked to him that if O$U does not win the conference they will not be selected.

It doesn't matter if Indiana loses if the OSU-Michigan game is canceled. OSU won't have enough games played to qualify for the Big 10 championship game regardless of record.
Im talking CFB Playoff. They could still select them without the B10 title game. But if Indiana looses to WIscy (especially by more than they did to OSU), it gets really hard to justify.

Im talking CFB Playoff. They could still select them without the B10 title game. But if Indiana looses to WIscy (especially by more than they did to OSU), it gets really hard to justify.
OSU would still have a chance to impress the pollsters by beating whoever finished second in the west (Wisconsin/Iowa winner more than likely.)
But yes, they may still not be selected.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Interesting.
This leads me to believe he knows something the rest of us do not know.
Like someone in the committee may have have leaked to him that if O$U does not win the conference they will not be selected.
Sorry but that's funny to see someone on a chat board say this....

Translation: The BigPussy doesn't want to lose that CFP revenue, so they'll do anything to make sure Taint gets in even another change to their constantly changing rules and guidelines. What a pile of **** that backwards conference is.

If the CFP lets a team that's only played 5 or 6 games take 1 of the 4 spots that's criminal, and they should just shut the whole fcking thing down as a sham.

Advertisement
Waiting for ***** Ten fanboy to swoop in and tell us it’s only fair to change the rules yet again to make sure taint gets into the playoffs.

Translation: The BigPussy doesn't want to lose that CFP revenue, so they'll do anything to make sure Taint gets in even another change to their constantly changing rules and guidelines. What a pile of **** that backwards conference is.

If the CFP lets a team that's only played 5 or 6 games take 1 of the 4 spots that's criminal, and they should just shut the whole fcking thing down as a sham.

Agreee the team or teams who have played more games and have records good enough to get in should go at the CFB playoff committee hard... publicly humiliate them

Advertisement
Back