Michael Redding in UA skills competition

Advertisement
If he’s college ready, manny won’t play him and he will lose his mind by game five. I’m not an *******, I’m just going off of the last four years here. We would never have played Haselwood. It’s beyond me, that a coach thinks to redshirt a kid because he has 3 and out talent. What planet, after EVERYONE leaving early, does that work to get a fourth year. Play the best kids and win now! Losing to FIU.... just maybe if Payton had 12 games of experience, would have been the spark to get that one going BEFORE being down 23-3
What? Jarren Williams couldn't complete a pass and Enos' decided not running the football against a team who couldn't stop the run was the proper course of action. The only way Payton has any effect on that game is if after Williams sailed the ball over his head and out of bounds for the 3rd time he ran over Enos tracking the ball and knocked good ole Dan unconscious. That would force us to run the ball left and right because it aint like anybody else on the staff could call a play.

I expect Wiggins to take off. He flashed some last year in a inconsistent offense with inconsistent QB play. Tall, long, with a long stride to get vertical. He’s going to see a lot of 1 on 1 coverage, whether we’ll have the QB or oline to get him the ball vertically consistently idk. I think he could be WR1 for us tho (unless we bring in a grad transfer)

You guys are great. Every offseason you're on about how amazing the incoming FR are going to be and how much better they are than what we have. Then the next year the new FR are so much better than the guys you loved last year but weren't instant stars. Since we upgrade talent every year, you'd think we'd be perfect by now.

Advertisement
If he’s college ready, manny won’t play him and he will lose his mind by game five. I’m not an *******, I’m just going off of the last four years here. We would never have played Haselwood. It’s beyond me, that a coach thinks to redshirt a kid because he has 3 and out talent. What planet, after EVERYONE leaving early, does that work to get a fourth year. Play the best kids and win now! Losing to FIU.... just maybe if Payton had 12 games of experience, would have been the spark to get that one going BEFORE being down 23-3

Payton played 4 games. one game he played 3 snaps.... what does that do in terms of development? What was the point? He could have helped the team all season long....

Pope looks so physically weak...When someone breathes on him he falls back 8 yards. Gettin' old.

Pope looks so physically weak...When someone breathes on him he falls back 8 yards. Gettin' old.
not Sure why this kid is getting all this hate right now. Did Ahmmon look bigger his second year? Dee Wiggins in his 2nd year? Harley? Thomas? The answer is no Like come on now...Osborn a grad transfer from buffalo looked like our most physically impressive receiver we have had in YEARS.... and no that’s not some **** exaggeration, it’s the truth...

news flash ALL of our receivers look frail. Redding the day he walks in this week will look like our most physically impressive receiver. I dont Get this need to try to scrutinize pope all the time about his size when literally no one in the receiver group has significantly changed their size since being here

Advertisement
not Sure why this kid is getting all this hate right now. Did Ahmmon look bigger his second year? Dee Wiggins in his 2nd year? Harley? Thomas? Like come on, Osborn a grad transfer from buffalo looked like our most physically impressive receiver we have had in YEARS....

news flash ALL of our receivers look frail. Redding the day he walks in this week will look like our most physically impressive receiver. I dont Get this need to try to scrutinize pope all the time about his size

What the **** are you talking about? I'm talking about specifically Pope, and I could give a **** about how he "looks"...He plays frail. Every time the kid has touched the ball for 2 seasons or tries to block, he gets tossed like a rag doll...

My point is...for you slow types...EVEN AS FAR AS SMALL, THIN FROSH WR GO...AND THEN AGAIN EVEN AS FAR AS SMALL, THIN SOPH WR GO...POPE PLAYS MUCH SOFTER/WEAKER than your average...Then when you also factor in the way he gives you the Stacy Coley GETTING UP SLOWLY EVERY TIME SOMEONE TOUCHES HIM...Don't know how else to word it. He looks soft to me, and yes on top of it if you wanna take it a little further, I'm not sure he is doing enough in the weight room compared to other WR, but the main problem appears to be softness.

Stupid response Brock...Give a f**k how he "looks" like...

What the **** are you talking about? I'm talking about specifically Pope, and I could give a **** about how he "looks"...He plays frail. Every time the kid has touched the ball for 2 seasons or tries to block, he gets tossed like a rag doll...

My point is...for you slow types...EVEN AS FAR AS SMALL, THIN FROSH WR GO...AND THEN AGAIN EVEN AS FAR AS SMALL, THIN SOPH WR GO...POPE PLAYS MUCH SOFTER/WEAKER than your average...Then when you also factor in the way he gives you the Stacy Coley GETTING UP SLOWLY EVERY TIME SOMEONE TOUCHES HIM...Don't know how else to word it. He looks soft to me, and yes on top of it if you wanna take it a little further, I'm not sure he is doing enough in the weight room compared to other WR, but the main problem appears to be softness.

Stupid response Brock...Give a f**k how he "looks" like...
Come on man no need to go there, i respect you as a poster. But I’m just saying in general all of our receivers look like they certainly need to get stronger and Pope is certainly one of them who needs to put in work in the offseason

Come on man no need to go there, i respect you as a poster. But I’m just saying in general all of our receivers look like they certainly need to get stronger and Pope is certainly one of them who needs to put in work in the offseason

OK then we disagree... Pope is on a whole other level of "needing to get stronger"...And I also believe from what I've seen and I hope he proves me wrong. That Pope is babyshyt soft...Plain and simple.

His habit of getting up slowly after every play matches his dramatic twitter habits, and his whiny always one step away from transferring act is getting old... Maybe I'm wrong, but everything I've seen of him on the field, and somehow when some of his twitter **** somehow passes my view, this kid is dramatic and soft. Then when you take into account the way he flies backwards every time he's hit (and again then gets up slowly) screams soft.

I've heard the kid interviewed...I wouldn't wanna rob a bank with him if you catch my drift

Last edited:
Pope came in with a big following. For us out of state fans we rely on you guys in Dade to scout for us. When we get the reviews that he is the next coming of Santana Moss or something like that then we expect big things. Pope has not delivered that. It is sad that our previous WR coach could not see that he is not ACC worthy. Most positions coming up empty that same way which is why we are in the position we are in.

Advertisement
not Sure why this kid is getting all this hate right now. Did Ahmmon look bigger his second year? Dee Wiggins in his 2nd year? Harley? Thomas? The answer is no Like come on now...Osborn a grad transfer from buffalo looked like our most physically impressive receiver we have had in YEARS.... and no that’s not some **** exaggeration, it’s the truth...

news flash ALL of our receivers look frail. Redding the day he walks in this week will look like our most physically impressive receiver. I dont Get this need to try to scrutinize pope all the time about his size when literally no one in the receiver group has significantly changed their size since being here
Exactly and people act like size is the most important thing. Idgaf how big or small u are get open and do it often. Tyreek hill is a monster and he is shorter than half the wrs in the league. Ab same thing. People complain but fail to realize how bad we use our players like we weren't throwing jump balls to Mike harley 2 years ago

Exactly and people act like size is the most important thing. Idgaf how big or small u are get open and do it often. Tyreek hill is a monster and he is shorter than half the wrs in the league. Ab same thing. People complain but fail to realize how bad we use our players like we weren't throwing jump balls to Mike harley 2 years ago

Nope, I like small shifty game changers as much as anyone, and I was sick about us dropping Fleming for instance. But pope looks altogether soft

Nope, I like small shifty game changers as much as anyone, and I was sick about us dropping Fleming for instance. But pope looks altogether soft
I know Pope personally he isn't soft he is just adjusting to running more than 2 routes(a go and a slant)and getting pressed at the line he was hardly if ever put against press coverage. He is overthinking and not playing to his skill level and mentally he stops himself from getting open before the ball is snapped

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back