Michael Jackson

scrantoncane

Sophomore
I haven’t seen much said about him.

I think this dude has become our best pure cover corner. He is inside WR jerseys every time I see a ball thrown his way.

Malek has been solid on the other side, as has been Bandy. But I have Jackson as our top performing CB the last 2 weeks, and our winner of the most improved player award on the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I’ll add that this doesn’t have a lot to do with the INTs. He goes step for step as well as Malek, and gets his head turned around better.

He is also solid in run support.

i wasnt huge on him. thought he was def better than mayes and henley but something has just clicked over the last few games. he didnt look good first few games and a switch has been hit. def stepped up. people really underestimate Rumphs coaching ability.

Advertisement
I haven’t seen much said about him.

I think this dude has become our best pure cover corner. He is inside WR jerseys every time I see a ball thrown his way.

Malek has been solid on the other side, as has been Bandy. But I have Jackson as our top performing CB the last 2 weeks, and our winner of the most improved player award on the season.

Yeah he picked that qb off easy as 123.

With Michael, Demetrius & James all we need is 2 more Jackson’s.

A very pleasant surprise. It’s so nice to have DB’s who actually look for the ball in the air. During the Golden era it was like our DB’s were told that interceptions were no longer part of the game.

Advertisement
Where are all the great fans who flat out labeled him a bust who didn’t deserve a scholarship?? Can’t type with a ******* in the mouth?

Nah. Malek Young, coverage wise, has still been the best corner on this team. Only difference is that Jackson turns and locates the ball while Young is just playing through the hands (which you cant be too upset about). If Young turns around half of the times his WR has been targetted he would probably have just as many INT's, maybe even a pick-6. I think he has the best hands and return skills of any of our DB's.

His pass deflection late in the game was perfection

He struggled some against Toledo but since that game he's been one of the best players on the team. The most impressive thing about him so far is he doesn't panic in coverage, he stays with his guy but maintains ball awareness to make a play.

Nah. Malek Young, coverage wise, has still been the best corner on this team. Only difference is that Jackson turns and locates the ball while Young is just playing through the hands (which you cant be too upset about). If Young turns around half of the times his WR has been targetted he would probably have just as many INT's, maybe even a pick-6. I think he has the best hands and return skills of any of our DB's.

Respectfully disagree.

As I said, Malek has been solid. But Jackson is every bit as good in coverage, and he is more physical.

There’s a reason he is moving up the depth chart.

Advertisement

Respectfully disagree.

As I said, Malek has been solid. But Jackson is every bit as good in coverage, and he is more physical.

They all need to fight through blocks better and set that edge; still lacking compared to last year's starters who really gave our defense a different look.

Last edited:

Respectfully disagree.

They all need to fight through blocks better. Still lacking compared to last year's starters.

100%. But I think the LBs haven’t helped much in this department.

It seems like every week our opponent is looking to get to the edge. We can’t contain.

Respectfully disagree.

They all need to fight through blocks better. Still lacking compared to last year's starters.

100%. But I think the LBs haven’t helped much in this department.

It seems like every week our opponent is looking to get to the edge. We can’t contain.

yea, a lot of "freelancing" and not trusting other teammates to make a play this year. We've taken bad angles on QBs and runners all season to go with the poor tackling.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Scranton, you got something against Malek Young, my friend. Ha.

Advertisement
Back