Michael Gilmore kicked off the team

Advertisement
Loss but I'm not too worried about it, our recruiting is at the point that we can replace good quality talent with good quality talent. It would be nice to bring in a grad transfer to replace him. I'm not that comfortable with a frontcourt next year of Izunda, Huell, Gak, Miller and Waardenbuurg.

We've had so much luck with transfers mostly panning out. Bound to have a couple like Muhammad and now Gilmore.

We need Miller and Izundu to really take a step forward next year. The bigs are a bit of a weakness right now. Losing Gilmore doesn't help that. Gak will likely need a year to bulk up I think. Maybe a grad transfer or two can come in and help.

Advertisement
It's too bad his scholarship couldn't have gone to a grad transfer point guard. Would have a made a yuge difference this season.

Advertisement
I thought Izundu was going to take a bigger step this year.

****, the last few games he provides a spark...what little there is...

Kid never looked like he was ever going to fill out like Jekiri...but he has played hard so far this year with the limitations.

Newton and Reed have stretches where we desperately need them and they seem to disappear and revert to bad street ball. Izundu is what he is and actually has surprised me a bit

Izundu is a pretty **** good shot blocker and rebounder right now. His biggest issue seems to be picking up fouls. If he can figure that out, I think he will be a major contributor. By the time he's done, I think he will be putting up better numbers than Jerkiri.

Advertisement
I thought Izundu was going to take a bigger step this year.

****, the last few games he provides a spark...what little there is...

Kid never looked like he was ever going to fill out like Jekiri...but he has played hard so far this year with the limitations.

Newton and Reed have stretches where we desperately need them and they seem to disappear and revert to bad street ball. Izundu is what he is and actually has surprised me a bit

Tonye NEVER filled out, he gained grown man weight. Izundu came in with a better body on day one, he also was further along in his development. That said, he was limited earlier in the season with that injury, and he is still struggling in regards to his defensive positioning and playing without fouling. When he is able to do that, he will be able to give the team as much as Tonye did, maybe more because he isn't completely lost in the post.

Advertisement
Good for him.

Didn't think he would ever contribute that much here

He looked very good in the NCAAT against Oklahoma in very limited action. He rarely played at VCU. Maybe it was discipline reasons and not just talent. Who knows. But, we with Coach L's recruiting, we'll get someone better.

Didn't think he would ever contribute that much here

I didn't think the guy made sense at the time. If you were going with the transfer that had to sit out AND you wanted the big man, we should have gone for Dylan Osetkowski. That guy was a could be a double-double guy. Moving on.

-

Where was the guy going to play with Huell, Waardenburg and Gak?

Izundu is a pretty **** good shot blocker and rebounder right now. His biggest issue seems to be picking up fouls. If he can figure that out, I think he will be a major contributor. By the time he's done, I think he will be putting up better numbers than Jerkiri.

Izundu has to lead the NCAA in moving screen fouls per minute played. That said, he brings great energy and is pretty athletic and quick for his size. If he can learn to play more under control and develop some post moves, I think he will turn into a solid contributor.

Advertisement
Back