Micah Rolle 2021 - Miami Central RB

BeachCanes

Sophomore
Player to keep an eye on. Was at Pace last year, now at Central - came to compete. Good student and extremely hard worker. He’s about 5’8 and played at 220 but has trimmed down to be more explosive . Elite vision and he went off against Cardinal Gibbons. Don’t know how to post highlights but here are some. His name should rise when he hits the camp circuit. No non-sense all about football kind of RB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
1580311014600.png

Advertisement
Arent all the Rolles related some way
In the Caribbean (Bahamas mostly) Lord Rolle was a large plantation owner. When his slaves were freed many took his last name or were assigned it. Similar to Washington and Jefferson here. It's really common name there still but im not sure all the notable rolles from there have been related by blood. But maybe

I don’t know if that kid is a legit 220 though. Looks good but the weight loss will hopefully help a lot with explosion. Not trying to be negative, just saying lots of guys look more explosive than that on film and it just doesn’t translate to major college ball.

Advertisement
In the Caribbean (Bahamas mostly) Lord Rolle was a large plantation owner. When his slaves were freed many took his last name or were assigned it. Similar to Washington and Jefferson here. It's really common name there still but im not sure all the notable rolles from there have been related by blood. But maybe
Nobody took a slaver's name. They had no choice even after emancipation otherwise what little they could do they'd be barred from. Not coming at you just correcting the info.

Nobody took a slaver's name. They had no choice even after emancipation otherwise what little they could do they'd be barred from. Not coming at you just correcting the info.
Actually they did and here is an ex slave quoted as to why some did. The link below has quotes from real American slaves on why and how they chose their Freedman names. It was very similar in the Caribbean, although some places depending on the country did assign names.

In the 1930s, ex-slave Martin Jackson explained why he chose his last name after Emancipation:

The master's name was usually adopted by a slave after he was set free. This was done more because it was the logical thing to do and the easiest way to be identified than it was through affection for the master. Also, the government seemed to be in a almighty hurry to have us get names. We had to register as someone, so we could be citizens. Well, I got to thinking about all us slaves that was going to take the name Fitzpatrick. I made up my mind I'd find me a different one. One of my grandfathers in Africa was called Jeaceo, and so I decided to be Jackson

Advertisement

You got it kinda correct. There are a million Rolle's in the Bahamas. Any one named Rolle is Bahamian. All essentially coming from the island of Exuma.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back