Miami's path to a top 10 class

Advertisement
This class is already slowly materializing. I dont see tennison coming though and I think we take 1 more lb

Would love that OL class. Gotta get Don Chaney to work that Jesuit connection and start recruiting McLaughlin to block for him at the U

Advertisement
That's basically our dream class. Outside of commits, I'd say we have about a 50% chance give or take with most of the top uncommitted guys. Between Knighton, Hyatt, Walker, McLaughlin, Rivers, Harrell, Roberts, Simpson, Hyppolite, Lawrence, and Tennison my guess is we would realistically get about half at most. Aside from Rivers, do we even lead for any of the rest?

Advertisement
If only I wasn't so beaten down by recruiting over the last few years that I could hope for a nice signing day surprise...

David Lake is a moron and this isn't even close to what the class will look like.
Its not a mock class its a path to a top 10 class. Its not him saying this is what the class will look like its just him stating a possible class that would put us in the top 10 without being unrealistic.

Advertisement
Top 10 is easily attainable for a competent staff. Absolutely no reason to be outside the top 10, or at worst top 12.

Miami will not have the #4 class like they do now when the dust settles, and that's fine. But Top 10 should be the goal, and frankly, this list isn't that crazy at all.

Anything lower than a spot or two from 10 is very concerning from a staff standpoint. I'd be very worried that we have the right mix of recruiters here if these guys sign something in the mid to high teens or worse.

Advertisement
Top 10 is easily attainable for a competent staff. Absolutely no reason to be outside the top 10, or at worst top 12.

Miami will not have the #4 class like they do now when the dust settles, and that's fine. But Top 10 should be the goal, and frankly, this list isn't that crazy at all.

Anything lower than a spot or two from 10 is very concerning from a staff standpoint. I'd be very worried that we have the right mix of recruiters here if these guys sign something in the mid to high teens or worse.

My metric is close but maybe a little more forgiving. IMHO, being outside the top 15 in recruiting at Miami in a non-transition year simply isn't good enough and does not meet the expectation. Given the current recruiting landscape, a Top 8 class is excellent. A class ranked 9-12 is good. A 13-15 ranking is merely satisfactory (read that as acceptable, so long as it is not habitual). Falling in the 16-20 range is a poor performance. And anything outside the top 20 should get a coach an F (for fired, because that's where he'll end up).

I think we want him. He is still in the 2020 group chat with the other commits. I think he really though Clemsons offer was commit able and now hes in a tough spot

This^^^. Kid was coming off an Auburn visit and then got offered by Michigan and Clemson. He decommited thinking he was about to blow up and the offers were going to start rolling in. Now he’s realizing none of those offers were commitable besides AUB. I’ll gladly take him back.

Advertisement
Back