Miami's future DLine Drills (Oh Myyy, the violence 8-)

from running through dycks to knocking away dycks from your face...Dammit mane

Pretty funny and I'd love to hear what the point of this drill is. Perhaps it's just for fun.

The drill teaches D lineman to fight off the blocks from the O-line. Look at the *****'s as the O-linemans arms.. hes teaching the kids to battle the punches and holds and leverage blocks trying to control the D-linemans body. These are the drills when you do it consistently enough is what makes these D-lineman hard to block b/c they are used to being hit and attacked from all directions and every angle..

It forces your guys to use their hands.. which becomes muscle memory.

That's the idea of the drill but the coach is clearly ******** around and doing things that an O-lineman would never do. O-linemen aren't throwing punches and swinging at a D-lineman's head.

I do this same drill with my D-linemen but I aim for their chest area to replicate what an O-lineman would do. It's football not boxing. (they're boxing in this drill)

I don't have a problem with it because it still teaches active hands, which is what you want, but some of it unnecessary and not relative to the game.

Well its settled. Kul has no idea what he's doing. Fly the banner

No. I didn't say that. I'm extremely excited about that hire, actually.

Advertisement
I could see Chad developing into an early round pick under him. Possibly even round1.... I'm excited for djax the most though... Kid has flashed at times and with a tactician for a coach, his upside could be crazy high

Possibly, but Chad has to want it. I think he would rather be a rapper than a first round pick.

I don't care what Chad would rather be.. B/c coach Kool is going to make him a 1st round pick. Kool can turn 2 and 3 stars into 1st rounders yearly but not Chad? A 5 star?

Be prepared to eat crow. Your severely underestimating everyone involved.

Eat crow? I said Chad could become a first round pick but he has to want it. I hope he does become a savage and a first round pick!

I just get annoyed at the kid posting videos of himself rapping to songs of other artists.

Pretty funny and I'd love to hear what the point of this drill is. Perhaps it's just for fun.

The drill teaches D lineman to fight off the blocks from the O-line. Look at the *****'s as the O-linemans arms.. hes teaching the kids to battle the punches and holds and leverage blocks trying to control the D-linemans body. These are the drills when you do it consistently enough is what makes these D-lineman hard to block b/c they are used to being hit and attacked from all directions and every angle..

That's the idea of the drill but the coach is clearly ******** around and doing things that an O-lineman would never do. O-linemen aren't throwing punches and swinging at a D-lineman's head.

I do this same drill with my D-linemen but I aim for their chest area to replicate what an O-lineman would do. It's football not boxing. (they're boxing in this drill)

I don't have a problem with it because it still teaches active hands, which is what you want, but some of it unnecessary and not relative to the game.

What a dope. I'm sure they are relieved that you are ok with their style of teaching. Maybe they can learn the techniques that has allowed you to produce so much NFL talent.

What a dope. I'm sure they are relieved that you are ok with their style of teaching. Maybe they can learn the techniques that has allowed you to produce so much NFL talent.

Shut your goofy a$$ up. I was just making a casual observation of the video. You're over here getting your panties in a bunch because I didn't pop a boner over a standard/basic/run-of-the-mill Defensive Line drill where the assistant coach is clearly ******** around at times. GTFOH!

You probably think this drill is a cutting edge science on the football field. Fvckin' every program in the country does this drill, or one similar, with their D-linemen.

I'm sure they couldn't learn a **** thing from me. That wasn't my point. Can't make a random observation on this board without some clown jumping out of the dark with his pom poms on.

Advertisement
Macho, what you said. Figured it was for fun. Coach is cracking up at points and one guy basically just stands there taking it.

Shut your goofy a$$ up. I was just making a casual observation of the video. You're over here getting your panties in a bunch because I didn't pop a boner over a standard/basic/run-of-the-mill Defensive Line drill where the assistant coach is clearly ******** around at times. GTFOH!

You probably think this drill is a cutting edge science on the football field. Fvckin' every program in the country does this drill, or one similar, with their D-linemen.

I'm sure they couldn't learn a **** thing from me. That wasn't my point. Can't make a random observation on this board without some clown jumping out of the dark with his pom poms on.

Take it easy Chachi. It's a message board and you're the best coach on this board. We all respect Coach Chachi.

Take it easy Chachi. It's a message board and you're the best coach on this board. We all respect Coach Chachi.

Sure.

Nice to see fellow firemen on the forum, I kinda figured by the "1mg of Epi". Where do you all work?

Advertisement
I could see Chad developing into an early round pick under him. Possibly even round1.... I'm excited for djax the most though... Kid has flashed at times and with a tactician for a coach, his upside could be crazy high

Possibly, but Chad has to want it. I think he would rather be a rapper than a first round pick.

His effort level on the field has not been stellar. That's what stood out to me every time I watched Thomas. He allows inferior athletes across from him to use the same tactics again and again without any adjustment or seemingly any annoyance. Once Muhammad got out there it was glaring that he simply had a greater repertoire and was playing with more urgency.

I'm sure coaching will help, along with a more energized team atmosphere in general. Thomas' development is the most interesting individual storyline entering 2016, IMO.

His effort level on the field has not been stellar. That's what stood out to me every time I watched Thomas. He allows inferior athletes across from him to use the same tactics again and again without any adjustment or seemingly any annoyance. Once Muhammad got out there it was glaring that he simply had a greater repertoire and was playing with more urgency.

I'm sure coaching will help, along with a more energized team atmosphere in general. Thomas' development is the most interesting individual storyline entering 2016, IMO.

1) Almost positive AQM probably received better instruction at Bosco than Chad received at BTW

2) As you said, instruction is coming like the plague

Perhaps Chad's effort looked questionable because he wasn't buying in to what he was being asked to do.

I bet he blossoms this year in his new role.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back