Miami's FPI

All I’m saying is we beat Florida week one we will go on to have over 10 wins easily. That momentum and big game will help us in every game

Or Florida is an overrated team and we get caught napping. Again. Like every year.

Advertisement
Do you think the odds makers do not have access to our schedule? We have lost to teams we shouldn't lose to since Tempe, AZ. Take off the orange and green shades. First time coach. First time problems.
Idaf about any of that. We already have a championship defense. Offense has been keeping us back, Enos is a QB whisperer and a perfect OC for our talent. If we had even scored 28 points per game last year, we'd have won at least 10 games. This year, we play Bethune, Central Michigan, FIU, Louisville (brand new coaching staff) and the Coarstal. Including GT, with a brand new coaching staff completely revamping the offense. ZERO excuses to lose more than 2 games and that's even allowing a trip up.

Idaf about any of that. We already have a championship defense. Offense has been keeping us back, Enos is a QB whisperer and a perfect OC for our talent. If we had even scored 28 points per game last year, we'd have won at least 10 games. This year, we play Bethune, Central Michigan, FIU, Louisville (brand new coaching staff) and the Coarstal. Including GT, with a brand new coaching staff completely revamping the offense. ZERO excuses to lose more than 2 games and that's even allowing a trip up.

The odds makers are in the business of making money. Everyone knows all of the stats you mention.

Advertisement
I don't worry about preseason rankings we can't control that we just need to win and everything will take care of itself.

Miami has played better with low expectations. Every time I hear the U is back we fall flat on our face. With UF being game 1, we will play with chip on our shoulders.

On 247 they’re totally fapping to the 10 SEC teams that are ranking and making jokes about Miami being so low. One poster even said “they’ll beat each other up through the season and ACC fans will say they’re overrated”

Imagine looking at these rankings and believing there’s any credibility to them

I understand that the SEC is obnoxious. But how in the world do you think they are overrated? Since the turn of the century, the SEC has proven, time and again, to be the best conference in the country on an almost annual basis. Look at their national championships, their bowl record, their draft picks, etc.

This is a free internet message board so this might be unrealistic, but put aside your dislike of the SEC and think objectively: they have been clearly the best. Not every year, not every team, but overall - and it's not particularly close.

Advertisement
I understand that the SEC is obnoxious. But how in the world do you think they are overrated? Since the turn of the century, the SEC has proven, time and again, to be the best conference in the country on an almost annual basis. Look at their national championships, their bowl record, their draft picks, etc.

This is a free internet message board so this might be unrealistic, but put aside your dislike of the SEC and think objectively: they have been clearly the best. Not every year, not every team, but overall - and it's not particularly close.
Negged for slurping the sec.

Do you really think 10 SEC teams should be ranked including a few with losing seasons? Every year they do this in every preseason poll? Then when an SEC team loses they don’t fall in the rankings because it’s such a hard schedule. If an unranked SEC team beats a ranked on they are automatically ranked. It’s not a level playing field. They are propped up by ESPN

They’ve had a losing record to the ACC over the last 6 years but we suck and they’re great. Weird.

Tennessee is ranked every year. I wonder why lol

Advertisement
Why are we ranked that high?

People so badly want Miami to be good again.

Eyes played tricks on me. Thought this thread was FPL and Miami was having a power outage other than our failure to score more than 17 against CMU

1569582674662.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back