Miami's Defense will be dominating next year..

LustNCanes

COQUI
And years to come. Recruits need to jump on the train now, because once it starts rolling it will be hard to stop!

Especially the offensive recruits! Go Canes!!

Advertisement
We will definitely see if Manny is the real deal or not. More film means better game planning. I just hope that he does not remain stagnate and and consistently add wrinkles to his defense.

Next year is going to be an interesting year in my opinion. With the overall lack of experience at CB and S (at least as things stand now), I'm wondering if Manny is even more aggressive with the front 7 (ie: even more blitzing) or if he's going to go conservative to protect the back end of the D. If he gets more aggressive, expect to give up more big plays when the offense beats the aggressiveness.

Yea, im very curious to see what the defensive backfield looks like. Im already crowning Rumph for the miracle he pulled this year, but next year were even more depleted back there. Good news is Bandy is a straight stud and Deejay has a lot of potential as well. And hopefully we land Dean. Im still hoping for Homer to switch to defense. I love him at RB, but he can everything that Corn was at CB imo.

Advertisement
We will definitely see if Manny is the real deal or not. More film means better game planning. I just hope that he does not remain stagnate and and consistently add wrinkles to his defense.

I think he definitely has more to show. With so many Freshman playing major minutes I'm sure there's things he just didn't have the time to install.

Hoover, I feel you but, how is it when Miami coaches does well they have to lose their coaches? Why isn't other teams losing their coaches at a faster rate? Why just us?? I don't understand that logic

Advertisement
Very excited for the future of this defense, we improved greatly this year, and expect a similar jump next year. Our 2nd string CBs with one more year of Rumph coaching them should be ready to hold their own, throw in Dean and the defense could be very special.

When you look at our front 7 and the way they play, coupled with our secondary's personnel, I dont get how top cornerbacks aren't fighting to sign here in 6 weeks. If anything, keep it up and 2018 will see that change.

Im worried about safety... and physicality at COrner...I think we should move Redwine to free safety JJ at strong and let everybody else battle for the opppsite corner postition adter MAleek.. I think strength and tackling at corner is very important iin Diaz defense. OUr corners better be physical and fast

I think he definitely has more to show. With so many Freshman playing major minutes I'm sure there's things he just didn't have the time to install.
While there were a few blitz packages I hadn't previously seen, everything else could have been picked up from film he put out at La. Tech and MSt. He may continuously add packages and most certainly will adjust depending on the experience (read: trust) of his players, but he pretty much relies on what you saw this year. In other words, he didn't catch opposing O-coordinators by surprise.

Advertisement
And years to come. Recruits need to jump on the train now, because once it starts rolling it will be hard to stop!

Especially the offensive recruits! Go Canes!!

I think recruiting on the defensive side reflects that. Front seven looks really good in this class.
CB is where we need to close strong.

Hoover, I feel you but, how is it when Miami coaches does well they have to lose their coaches? Why isn't other teams losing their coaches at a faster rate? Why just us?? I don't understand that logic

Only logic for me is that we've been so cursed lately! Seems like we get outbid for most stuff these days.

While there were a few blitz packages I hadn't previously seen, everything else could have been picked up from film he put out at La. Tech and MSt. He may continuously add packages and most certainly will adjust depending on the experience (read: trust) of his players, but he pretty much relies on what you saw this year. In other words, he didn't catch opposing O-coordinators by surprise.

Yeah it's not a defence that relies on tricking you to succeed. It's about physically beating the man infront of you, which our DLine does all the time.

Advertisement

Only logic for me is that we've been so cursed lately! Seems like we get outbid for most stuff these days.

Nope, It's the staff not signing just any corner for depth because 2018 is a big year for corners and the one's they offer this year has to have just as high of a ceiling as the 18 recruits. You would rather go without for a year then with as many 4 star studs in 18' you can carry... I know I would if I was coach. I even heard Richt say he's doing just that. Hold ships for 18.

Last edited:

Nope, It's the staff not signing just any corner for depth because 2018 is a big year for corners and the one's they offer this year has to have just as high of a ceiling as the 18 recruits. You would rather go without for a year then with as many 4 star studs in 18' you can carry... I know I would if I was coach. I even heard Richt say he's doing just that. Hold ships for 18.

Ridiculous. You don't "go without" for a year in anticipation of cleaning up the following year. That kind of thinking gets a coach fired. Nothing's guaranteed for the '18 class or beyond. You bring in whoever you can to help you as soon as possible.

To me we need to score more off turnovers in big games.
Once that happens we can be labeled as a dominant defense. That is what most dominant Defenses do.

Advertisement
Back