Miami Women...

LPCanes26

Recruit
I just took my first look at the womens bracket and saw that Miami is an 8 seed playing Quinnipiac(my Alma mater) and if they win that they get to play Uconn(also went to school there lol). That's a brutal 2nd round game. I'd love to see them beat Uconn though. You hear so much about them in CT and rightfully so. But I personally do not like Uconn and am tired of them winning all the time. So come on Miami Women!

Advertisement
Agreed but the talent disparity is significant in womens bball. There just aren't enough good players for very many teams to be great. UConn is 32-0 this year. Only two of those 32 games had a margin of victory of less than 10 points, and they played a whopping 10 games against top 25 teams. Pretty sure they won't lose to us.

Yeah uconn lost last year which was amazing. I doubt it happens again this year. But let's hope for a huge shocker!

Advertisement
Well they lost to Quinnipiac. Who will now lose to uconn by 70. Oh well. Not a good season for Miami basketball.

Amazing how neither team can overachieve.
Women’s basketball is really a joke, unconn beats another team in the tourney by 80+, not good for the sport IMO. One team gets five new McDonalds AA every year and the rest flail away.

Amazing how neither team can overachieve.
Women’s basketball is really a joke, unconn beats another team in the tourney by 80+, not good for the sport IMO. One team gets five new McDonalds AA every year and the rest flail away.

Ironically enough, UConn doesn't get all Burger Girls every year, it's actually impossible to stack classes like that in women's basketball, due to the fact that **** near everyone stays four years. UConn is really the only women's team that is run and managed like a men's squad, and you see it on the floor. Geno is a legit coach, and despite other coaches having similar talent, the dude just rolls people up. He's beating RANKED teams by 40 on a regular basis. Once Pat Summitt got old, there wasn't anyone that could really challenge him schematically. I thought Dawn Staley would be that person, but her teams rely far too much on iso and bully ball to be a real long term threat.

The women's team drastically overachieved this year, they lost two of the better players in program history, and another major contributor. Despite losing a ton of scoring punch, they made the tournament once again, and did significantly better in conference than a lot of people expected. It's amazing how spoiled this fanbase(That doesn't support Meier and this program worth a ****) has become. Under Labati, the program was awful for years, Meier came in and made the program. a regular in the postseason. I'm frustrated by the lack of postseason results, but I'm also amazed that she's managed to build the program she has, with little to no community support, in the toughest conference in the country.

Advertisement
It’s tough to get bounced two years in a row by a school that has no business beating Miami.

The difference between a school like Miami, and a school like Quinnipiac is a lot smaller in women's ball, compared to men's ball. You have to remember outside of the top 10 programs or so, there's a huge drop-off, and a even larger drop-off once you get to the also rans. Last year's loss was the one that really hurt, because Miami had the obvious talent advantage, and was AT HOME. This year, it was a glorified home game for QU, and Miami has struggled to score all year. Once QU went on that late run, Miami couldn't match. You look at the roster this year, the ladies that were supposed to provide scoring punch were mostly in street clothes. Miami had a lot of pieces, but few if any true stars. I'm extremely disappointed that Emese H. and Sarah Mortensen haven't been better than what they've been. That said, I can't wait to see how different this team can be with a sniper like Cornelius and the two freshman guards that Miami didn't have for most of the season on the roster. Gray has a lot of R. Williams in her, and she should be a force as he develops.

Advertisement
Back