Miami vs Wake Postponed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
BYU likely isn't coming here and that would be a condition I'm sure. There's no benefit in playing an OOC game for Miami.
Are you kidding? It'd be sensational for optics - it'd be one of the bigger games of that weekend (without looking at the rest of the schedule).

We won't do it, of course, but that's another matter.

Advertisement
No way they put ND against us. Lose for ND and lose for ACC. ACC officials want ND and Clemson in the playoff and right now it's setup to work out perfectly.

Would love BYU or Cincy but I bet Miami officials view that as a lose lose. Best either one and it doesn't do anything for us, lose and we get knocked down in rankings big time.

They were sure a bunch of chicken shlt hypocrites when it came to Washington. Now they’re all chesting about Miami..
They didn't want to schedule Washington without a guarantee that if another Pac 12 game got canceled the Pac 12 wouldn't just schedule Washington against a Pac-12 school which would leave them without a game. That's exactly what would've happened because Utah needed an opponent this weekend so Washington is playing them.

Advertisement
No way they put ND against us. Lose for ND and lose for ACC. ACC officials want ND and Clemson in the playoff and right now it's setup to work out perfectly.

Would love BYU or Cincy but I bet Miami officials view that as a lose lose. Best either one and it doesn't do anything for us, lose and we get knocked down in rankings big time.
Not if The ACC feels like Miami is not as good as their record. ND would take the opportunity to play and get revenge on Miami. It also helps their playoff resume if they lose to Clemson and our only loses is Clem/ND

Advertisement
If it's realistic, I actually think Manny would want to play BYU (let's just say he has some demons to exorcise with them), and I wouldn't be so sure that BYU wouldn't be willing to travel either.

Still, I'd bet more on Miami not playing at all than anything else.

Advertisement
Back