Miami vs. VT - Game 3

Advertisement
1-0 Hokies. A lot of pressure on our pitching when our lineup makes VT's Sunday starter with a 5 ERA look like Nolan Ryan in his prime.

Advertisement
Ewing is pitching a great game aside from that one pitch.

1-0 VT, top 5. Perez leads off.

I dont see VT's starter keeping this up. I hope he breaks in the 5th or 6th.

FGCU started a freshman against us who had pitched like 10 innings the whole season and he completely shut us down last week. I have zero faith in our lineup.

Advertisement
I don't follow recruiting too closely anymore but were these guys hitters in high school?

You have to think that UM isn't recruiting guys who were automatic outs in highschool.

Of course not. A lot of the top tier hitters hit for something ridiculous like .450 in high school. Maybe we have a lot of .350 high school guys who the coaching staff thought had good 'upside'.

I don't follow recruiting too closely anymore but were these guys hitters in high school?

You have to think that UM isn't recruiting guys who were automatic outs in highschool.

Of course not. A lot of the top tier hitters hit for something ridiculous like .450 in high school. Maybe we have a lot of .350 high school guys who the coaching staff thought had good 'upside'.

There are a lot of solid hitters on this team but they lack focus and plate discipline. In high school, you can just out athlete the pitcher. It is a little different now and these guys lack the additional components of being great hitters. In the UNC series, you saw it. They worked the pitch count sometimes or kept them off balance by swinging at the first pitch. They knew everything about the pitchers and just did a great job. Not so much against lesser teams.

Advertisement
1-0 VT, top 7th.

Ewing has only given up 1 hit and has 6 strikeouts.

Miami has 2 hits. Ridiculous right now. I keep hoping their pitcher falls apart or they go to the bullpen.

Sweep UNC, get two games up on them in the ACC standings, now they're on the verge of giving both of those games back. SMH.

1-0 VT, bottom 7th. Ewing will probably stay in. Pitch count is at 73 right now. VT's is almost 100.

Advertisement
VT pitcher is at 95 pitches after 7 IP. With a series win over Miami on the line I think they leave him in the rest of the way unless lets a couple guys on. Unless of course they have a good closer though I doubt it.

Only 5 pitches for Ewing that inning. 1-0 VT, top 8th.

They might leave him in. Hopefully it works out better for us.

Advertisement
Back