Miami vs. UVA Thoughts

In all seriousness Kaaya is nothing more than a care taker. He borders on being a liability. His accuracy was supposed to be his strength, he's not! That inability becomes greater when he has to move! Problem with his misses is they are drive killing misses.

We have to pin point Linder as being the "primary" weakness that was killing this OL. He was too light and "weaK" always getting shoved into the backfield.They have obviously improved immensely since he was replaced. Gall and Gauthier have give us a boost for what its worth.

The offense an play calling leave a lot to be desired. Offense lacks imagination, tempo and efficiency. Play calling too slow and ineffective for situation. Coach has to accept his desire to re-integrate himself into the OC position was not the right thing. Hire a pro spread OC or Consultant that can help with play designs, tempo and situational play calling.

Defense is better, B-, and needs depth. Need to be coached up on pursuit angles and containment. Young LB'ers playing well but bite too often on fakes and over running the play and opening up the cut back. Getting better each week. The timing off on some CB backside and SS blitzes. Don't like the 3 man front, gives the QB too much time when we weak at CB (Redwine). 4 man front roll coverage to Redwine's side.

KO coverage has to be addressed and improved immediately. PR and KR are almost non-existent. Miami teams should be dangerous at both. No more needs to be said aside for personnel.

Not sure your full time job keeps you busy all day, but could you possibly drop by Atheletics complex and give this staff a few pointers as above

Advertisement
I think Homer will be returning kicks next year

He should be playing now .

Based on what? Not saying that what we are playing talent at KR or that Homer ISN'T better, just wondering what he's done to prove he should be on KR. Maybe he's a fumbler or something.

Than not him some body else . The kick off return has zero threat . I like berrios on punt return because he never muffs the punt .

In all seriousness Kaaya is nothing more than a care taker. He borders on being a liability. His accuracy was supposed to be his strength, he's not! That inability becomes greater when he has to move! Problem with his misses is they are drive killing misses.

We have to pin point Linder as being the "primary" weakness that was killing this OL. He was too light and "weaK" always getting shoved into the backfield.They have obviously improved immensely since he was replaced. Gall and Gauthier have give us a boost for what its worth.

The offense an play calling leave a lot to be desired. Offense lacks imagination, tempo and efficiency. Play calling too slow and ineffective for situation. Coach has to accept his desire to re-integrate himself into the OC position was not the right thing. Hire a pro spread OC or Consultant that can help with play designs, tempo and situational play calling.

Defense is better, B-, and needs depth. Need to be coached up on pursuit angles and containment. Young LB'ers playing well but bite too often on fakes and over running the play and opening up the cut back. Getting better each week. The timing off on some CB backside and SS blitzes. Don't like the 3 man front, gives the QB too much time when we weak at CB (Redwine). 4 man front roll coverage to Redwine's side.

KO coverage has to be addressed and improved immediately. PR and KR are almost non-existent. Miami teams should be dangerous at both. No more needs to be said aside for personnel.
Fan who tells the truth ! Kaaya is a weakness not a strength

Fan who tells the truth ! Kaaya is a weakness not a strength

He definitely was yesterday.

I was happy to see us break the jinx at UVA. Great to see us run the ball against a poor defense. O Line did a great job. Some of my thoughts on things that still frustrate me to no end

Brad had a 3rd and 3 and had like 8 yards of open space in front of him, all he had to do was run, instead he did a 180 and ran backwards right into a sack. I want this kid to do well but he is killing me.

Can we stop throwing 35 yard fades down the side line on 3rd and 3????? I was watching some of the routes on 3rd down and they were all well down the field, no check downs what so ever. Very frustrating when we get in 3rd and manageable and we throw low % bombs down the sideline.

Our KO coverage is still suspect. Seems to be hit or miss. It scares me everytime we KO.

Can we get Jamal Carter of the field please? Is he really the only option? What about J Johnson? Carter has zero instinct, is a horrible tackler in the open field.

Advertisement
I think Homer will be returning kicks next year

He should be playing now .

Based on what? Not saying that what we are playing talent at KR or that Homer ISN'T better, just wondering what he's done to prove he should be on KR. Maybe he's a fumbler or something.

Than not him some body else . The kick off return has zero threat . I like berrios on punt return because he never muffs the punt .

If the kid is fairly reliable with ball security, I'd give him a go. I tend to think there's a reason for who we have and that the staff, wanting very badly to win, is putting the kids on the field they think give us the best shot. I don't know what the reasoning is against giving Homer a shot, but I have to assume there is some...if only for my own sanity.

Offensive summary: Virginia was dropping 7-8 guys into coverage 90% of the game. That's why the running game dominated. The offensive line still can't pass block so they have to go max protect on almost every pass play. Tough to find an open receiver when it's 3 on 8. Coaches made the smart adjustments and abandoned the passing game in the second half. Last week, Pitt loaded up to stop the run and got killed with the pass. This week, UVA put a premium on pass defense and got killed on the ground.

I'll take the 20 point W at this point. We've had our share of problems beating UVA especially there.

Win out and get me 9. The season went in the toilet a long time ago so I no longer give as much of a **** about style points.

LOL at the dudes always looking for a reason to dump on Kaaya.

Advertisement
**** the next 2 games, no praise for winning them.

The only remaining test is winning the bowl game and finishing 9-4. No more tweets, no more videos, just win the **** games.

I'll take the 20 point W at this point. We've had our share of problems beating UVA especially there.

Win out and get me 9. The season went in the toilet a long time ago so I no longer give as much of a **** about style points.

Well you dont have to look hard

Well you dont have to look hard

The ACC network broadcast gave him Player of the Game, so their unbiased and unjaded eyes must have seen something redeeming about his performance yesterday.

it is no joke that we will need 3 yards for a first down and throw a forty yard pass. MULTIPLE times we did that yesterday and I just do not understand why?

Advertisement
it is no joke that we will need 3 yards for a first down and throw a forty yard pass. MULTIPLE times we did that yesterday and I just do not understand why?

And mostly all of the routes are long routes too. It's maddening

Not only this game. I don't know what that is good for either. It's like me playing madden when I get impatient.

Last edited:
My take from the game. The stadium was half empty. Even when UVA fans made noise you could sit there and talk with no problem.

Advertisement

so true about kaaya. he has no feel for the game and legits floats every throw.

Advertisement
Back