Miami vs. UVA Thoughts

KATKER

Drive by porster
underwhelming win for Canes but I think we all will take it. Defense stepped up in 2nd half however a ton of drops by UVA receivers. I like what Diaz is doing...I'd like to see him slow down on delay blitz and use his front 4 for pressure.

Kaaya was extremely inaccurate. Several over throws and it makes you wonder if the pick at the beginning of game was still on his mind. We need better QB play from him this season. He was bailed out by Richards Who's developing into a major piece of our future.

Mark Walton is a stud. Made several plays that were game changing. Yearby always brings wiggle and had a nice day minus the fumble. Gus Edwards while overrated in my book had a nice day. Always helps when you have some holes to run thru and play determined.

Mark Richts play calling has gotten better. Im still disappointed with several play calls. The 3rd and 7 from UVA 38 yrd line...Why all vertical routes?

In the end were bowl eligible and 6-4. Joe Jackson is the future along with our young studs at LB. The color analyst did a fantastic job today calling the game. As much as we hate gators he knew about our players and had some good things to say. He's definitely in the loop in regards to recruiting.

Game ball belongs to O-line. Great push and some nice holes to run through. kudos to them since they pretty much **** the bed most of the season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thanks. Also forgot to add our special teams did a nice job today. Would like to see more speed at KR but I guess with numbers thin, they see something in practice we don't.

Thanks. Also forgot to add our special teams did a nice job today. Would like to see more speed at KR but I guess with numbers thin, they see something in practice we don't.

We have to get touch backs in the kick off . Like to see a game
Changer on kick off return . Everything was good

We have to get touch backs in the kick off . Like to see a game
Changer on kick off return . Everything was good

Badgley missed one albeit barely. 50 yarder. I don't think they want to risk Corn or Coleys payday

Advertisement
Did anyone notice that the game announcer kept referring to Dugans as Brown when the camera was on him?

Love the armchair coaches...

Kaaya is average and sow squat below average on the road.

Advertisement
Our KR coverage is bad and our KR's should be Coley/Richards/Elder get Lewis the **** off the field.

Our KR coverage is bad and our KR's should be Coley/Richards/Elder get Lewis the **** off the field.

would love to see Elder and Coley back there but I think this staff is thinking about their NFL future.

If I remember correctly there was a time we took Duke off KR as well? Could be wrong

Bottom line Malcolm does not belong back there if you want a big time return.

would love to see Elder and Coley back there but I think this staff is thinking about their NFL future.

If I remember correctly there was a time we took Duke off KR as well? Could be wrong

Bottom line Malcolm does not belong back there if you want a big time return.

Coaches should be thinking about what's best for this team. The only way Lewis scores on a KR is if the other team does "The Florida Flop"

Advertisement
Clemson just went down to Pitt and Louisville struggled with WF for a half. We took control early in the 2nd half and won by 20. Their's some things you can take away from the game but overall, it was a good win.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
In all seriousness Kaaya is nothing more than a care taker. He borders on being a liability. His accuracy was supposed to be his strength, he's not! That inability becomes greater when he has to move! Problem with his misses is they are drive killing misses.

We have to pin point Linder as being the "primary" weakness that was killing this OL. He was too light and "weaK" always getting shoved into the backfield.They have obviously improved immensely since he was replaced. Gall and Gauthier have give us a boost for what its worth.

The offense an play calling leave a lot to be desired. Offense lacks imagination, tempo and efficiency. Play calling too slow and ineffective for situation. Coach has to accept his desire to re-integrate himself into the OC position was not the right thing. Hire a pro spread OC or Consultant that can help with play designs, tempo and situational play calling.

Defense is better, B-, and needs depth. Need to be coached up on pursuit angles and containment. Young LB'ers playing well but bite too often on fakes and over running the play and opening up the cut back. Getting better each week. The timing off on some CB backside and SS blitzes. Don't like the 3 man front, gives the QB too much time when we weak at CB (Redwine). 4 man front roll coverage to Redwine's side.

KO coverage has to be addressed and improved immediately. PR and KR are almost non-existent. Miami teams should be dangerous at both. No more needs to be said aside for personnel.

Advertisement
Back