MIAMI VS UNC 2021

Advertisement
It's kind of unfortunate that they aren't playing against Texas a&m. I would've like to have seen that game. Without all of the players that are opting out, NC doesn't stand a chance.

Playing into the Canes' tendency to start back with the false swagger after they blow a team out (regardess of how bad the team is), that game was won before they stepped on the field. Brown was brilliant, saying he was worried about the Canes D-line and that Diaz had done such a great job he shoud be considered for COY.

You think that matters? They’re recruiting studs behind them. And recruiting corners way better than us. They’re rounding out the roster with talent and will be a problem going forward even after Sam leaves.

If Baker is still DC that game on the road could be even uglier than it was this year...

778 yards... There shouldn’t be a single coach on this staff that receives more heat than the Baker man.

He makes D’Onofrio look like Marvin Lewis, what a complete lifeless mannequin of a Corch, we’d be better off letting Katie Meier run the Defense than Blake Snaker.

not for nothing, but katie meier is a **** of a coach.

:):stormwarningflag-sm:

Advertisement
You think that matters? They’re recruiting studs behind them. And recruiting corners way better than us. They’re rounding out the roster with talent and will be a problem going forward even after Sam leaves.
The Maye kid they got this year looks like a future stud.

Advertisement
They aren't the only team recruiting blue chip players, but as to 2021 I was mentioning they lose a ton of key players while Miami will return the majority of key players

That will forever be an presumed L on the schedule for me until Manny is no longer here or proven otherwise.
mood GIF

They aren't the only team recruiting blue chip players, but as to 2021 I was mentioning they lose a ton of key players while Miami will return the majority of key players
Keep in mind the most critical stat -- they return Mack Brown and we return Manny.

Advertisement
Not gonna lie. Seeing a Miami vs. UNC thread gave me a scare. I came in here thinking I was gonna read that the Tarheels had already scored three touchdowns....

They're closing the talent gap though.

Class rankings:
'17 Miami- 12th
'17 UNC- 29th

'18 Miami- 8th
'18 UNC- 20th

'19 Miami- 27th
'19 UNC - 30th

'20 Miami - 16th
'20 UNC - 13th

'21 Miami -11th
'21 UNC -13th

Advertisement
The thing that improved for UNC as the year went on was the defense. Jay Bateman is one of the best d coordinators in America.

They stepped up against ND and Miami while having a very young defense in many spots. They are really increasing the talent level on defense through recruiting, so I am hoping he gets lured away by some big time program.

Also Longo the OC is very good also. Everyone keeps saying Mack this and Mack that, when in reality it is his coordinators that are very good.

He is nothing more than a figurehead.

The thing that improved for UNC as the year went on was the defense. Jay Bateman is one of the best d coordinators in America.

They stepped up against ND and Miami while having a very young defense in many spots. They are really increasing the talent level on defense through recruiting, so I am hoping he gets lured away by some big time program.

Also Longo the OC is very good also. Everyone keeps saying Mack this and Mack that, when in reality it is his coordinators that are very good.

He is nothing more than a figurehead.
A figurehead that coaches in NC absolutely LOVE....I ref in NC and I'm telling you the coaches absolutely encourage their kids to take a HARD LOOK at joining Mack's program.

Mack is taking the kids that normally would go OOS to Clemson and SEC programs. One high school coach described it like this: Ex-UNC coach Fedora would show up to high schools in NC and the energy generally felt like it was a "privilege" to have coach Fedora at your high school....he could get the under the radar 3* and 2* diamonds all he wanted but the high level 4* and 5* kids weren't going because the HS coaches didn't like him or the energy he brought. In comes Mack Brown, and the coaches say Mack has camps for HS coaches and make the coaches feel that it's a privilege to BE ALLOWED to visit their kids and their school.....says that if Mack and his staff visits your school they make the coaches feel valued especially the HS head coach.

We all seen it coming, but me being here and being involved with the NC HS football scene, UNC is going to be a problem as long as Mack is there. So we need to stop playing and get a DC in here that knows his stuff and that's ready to go toe to toe with pretty much the best football players from the state of NC, because Mack is/has pretty much locked down the state....he was 2 recruits away from having a Top 10 class, borderline 5* DT Payton Page out of Dudley HS and 5* RB/APB Will Shipley out of Weddington HS and of course both went to Clemson.

Regarding the DC I personally want us to hire.....(hello Will Muschamp-Charlie Strong etc).

If Baker is still DC that game on the road could be even uglier than it was this year...

778 yards... There shouldn’t be a single coach on this staff that receives more heat than the Baker man.

He makes D’Onofrio look like Marvin Lewis, what a complete lifeless mannequin of a Corch, we’d be better off letting Katie Meier run the Defense than Blake Snaker.
Zero adjustments made at halftime. I would have stacked the box at some point and say the running 10 yards a carry stops now.

That stat should be automatically a fireable offense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back