Miami Vs NC State By The Numbers

Advertisement
4.3 YPP till they play us and magically they’ll look like world beaters. You know how this goes.
Yeah, and I think I’m the cause of it.
Before the Clemson game I threw out a stat showing it was rare for them to sustain long drives….
aaaaand their first TD drive was a 90 yarder. Longest of the season.

4.3 YPP till they play us and magically they’ll look like world beaters. You know how this goes.

Miami of Ohio averages 5.54 YPP on the season, they averaged 4.39 vs us.
A&M averages 5.90 YPP on the season, they averaged 5.28 vs us.
Temple averages 4.48 YPP on the season, they averaged 4.81 vs us.
Georgia Tech averages 6.53 YPP on the season (18th in the country btw), they averaged 4.72 vs us.
UNC averages 6.64 YPP on the season, they averaged 6.68 vs us.
Clemson averages 5.11 YPP on the season, they averaged 5.07 vs us.
UVA averages 4.96 YPP on the season, they averaged 4.54 vs us.

Honestly, what are our fans? We haven't made a single offense all year look like world beaters. Not a single one. So how exactly does this go???

Because how its gone all year is our defense will hold our opponent at or below their average season output.

We lose this game 27-17
Animated GIF

Advertisement
This year we are at around 68 plays per game (ranked 84th). With Lashlee it was closer to 76 plays per game in both 2021 and 2022 (ranked 33rd and 24th respectively). So the offense doesn't just look slower, it is slower. I don't think that's helping TVD.

The running clock also doesn't help.
Thus far, with the new clock rules, I believe the average number of plays per game is down about 6.

That number is fluid of course.

Advertisement
Thus far, with the new clock rules, I believe the average number of plays per game is down about 6.

That number is fluid of course.
That being the case, it's roughly the same as when Lashlee was OC. 68 plays + 6 = 74 plays. (Lashlee - closer to 76 plays per game in both 2021 and 2022).

as long as we don’t beat ourselves (pause) we win this game. Miami has lost this year only because of self inflicted wounds.

We lucked out with the cold leaving by Saturday. Freezing my *** off up in north ga.
Lows mid 40s Saturday instead of 32.

Advertisement
3rd downs will the crucial in this one. Offensively we have to convert in a hostile environment, and defensively we need to get them off the field. No long conversions.

Going into Doak at 7-2, given everything this season and last, would be incredible.

There is still so much opportunity out there for this team. I hope they play like it.

Advertisement
Going into Doak at 7-2, given everything this season and last, would be incredible.

There is still so much opportunity out there for this team. I hope they play like it.
I've been saying the same thing. 7-2 going into the fsu game would be big for the teams confidence after those 2 tough losses. Still frustrating that if not for the kneel down debacle they'd only have 1 loss and be sitting in a good spot for ACC champ game, but all things considered...not bad. At 7-2 they'd probably sneak back into the top 25 too so it would be a ranked match up

I've been saying the same thing. 7-2 going into the fsu game would be big for the teams confidence after those 2 tough losses. Still frustrating that if not for the kneel down debacle they'd only have 1 loss and be sitting in a good spot for ACC champ game, but all things considered...not bad. At 7-2 they'd probably sneak back into the top 25 too so it would be a ranked match up
I was looking too. It might get the college game day nod as well. Will be a big recruiting event for FSU (Miami targets/commits) as well.

Could be a great Opportunity

Blitz Morris and he sucks. He’s a worse version of Klubnik when he’s pressured. And we saw how many times Klubnik turned it over. They shouldn’t score more than 17 points.

As long as Miami just doesn’t show up and the offense doesn’t give it away 3 or more times, State has no path to win this game.

Their defensive really is nothing to write home about. ND lit them up. Marshall lit them up. UVA gave the game away and scored 21 with the freshman backup QB playing. Duke scored 24 with their backup QB going 4/12 FOR THE WHOLE GAME. UCONN ran the ball for 6 YPC. The only legitimate game they played was against Louisville. They turned them over 3 times in a **** show. They were 3/13 on third down and had 200 yards against Clemson. Klubnik gave it away.

No excuse to lose this game. Miss me with the “road night game” bull****. I’ve been in that stadium for more night games than I can count, it’s fine, nowhere near an elite atmosphere to be worried about. If you can’t outscore this team, hang it up.
I told you.

Hang it up. Cancel the rest of the season. This team ******* sucks.

Advertisement
Back