Miami Vs LEhigh game thread

Advertisement
Some random stuff:

- We shot 21 3PTs (8-21) in the first half and finished with (14-32) in the game. Expect us to shoot more than 25 Per Game with Dewan out. I will take 14-32 every game (haha)
- FTs: 23-32 (71.9%) as a team.

How about the starting 5? [78 points in total and everyone in double digits]

- Sam missed a bunch of time and had 11 Points, 4 Rebounds, 2 Assists and 1 Steal. Not bad.
- DJ missed some time in the first half and had 16 Points, 3 Rebounds and 2 Assists
- Amp with a double double (19 Points, 13 Rebounds, 3 Blocks, 3 Steals and 2 Assists).
- Lykes...wow. 22 Points, 5 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 2 Steals (3PT: 4-8, FT: 8-11). The only issue was he had a bunch of bad takes and shot 5-17 (FG).
- Izundu had 10 Points, 9 Rebounds, 3 Blocks and 1 Assist. The key is he ONLY had 3 fouls.

Even More Random:

- Deng Gak played better this game than any point during Miller's whole tenure. Gak didn't even score a point but he had 3 Blocks, 6 Rebounds and 1 Assist. Keep in mind Gak is the backup and will likely be ahead of Miller next year. Also, this is Gak's first actual game.

The Really Bad:

- Not really concerned but Zach Johnson looked bad.
Yeah should’ve stayed his *** at fgcu

Advertisement
We won by 21 in our first non scrimmage game without Huell (Rodriguez)...not bad I guess, but I do realize it was Lehigh

Still, they are a favorite to win their conference. They are a very good mid-major team. Nice win and solid opener without Huell/Hernandez.

Coach L said in the presser: "well, it's the new modern game, look at Rockets and Warriors, shooting 3's, its a new game" as a sort of cop out on the reliance on them tonight, by both teams. Well, it is exciting for a fan.

Actually, it's not really a cop out by Coach L. He has a tendency to let them heave it even we when don't have to.....Even if we had DH in the game, I still believe we shoot almost as many 3s.

UM

Actually, it's not really a cop out by Coach L. He has a tendency to let them heave it even we when don't have to.....Even if we had DH in the game, I still believe we shoot almost as many 3s.

UM
Maybe DH was a huge part of it but he seemed somewhat resigned to it the way he discussed it in the presser. Like not his "preference, but well, you know, Rockets, Warriors...". I wonder if this DH thing has understandably worn him down emotionally; considering it was an opening WIN he was almost subdued and seemed to wanna be elsewhere. When asked about some players performance, it seemed he had to glance down at the game stats before deciding what to say. Maybe I'm being too harsh, IDK, but other pressers have been more upbeat after wins. This DH thing.

Advertisement
Maybe DH was a huge part of it but he seemed somewhat resigned to it the way he discussed it in the presser. Like not his "preference, but well, you know, Rockets, Warriors...". I wonder if this DH thing has understandably worn him down emotionally; considering it was an opening WIN he was almost subdued and seemed to wanna be elsewhere. When asked about some players performance, it seemed he had to glance down at the game stats before deciding what to say. Maybe I'm being too harsh, IDK, but other pressers have been more upbeat after wins. This DH thing.

Oh I know, I got what you were saying. He has always seemed to act that way, but then the 3s will rain the next game with few looks down low.

I think he understands the recruiting limitations he has in general at UM (as compared to the blue bloods / outside of bull**** FBI allegations) thus why we see him always prefer the scramble defense and run and gun approach to offense without chasing down the premiere 7 foot plus guys in the Country that he knows he has little to no chance of getting.

Completely agree this FBI crap has taken its toll. We need resolution on DH quick.

UM

We shot well from the line (71.9%), especially if you toss out Gak's 0-2.

Johnson needs to do better, maybe it was nerves or no DH but he made several bad decisions and the doghouse is not going to help. Need some ball handling help to backup Lykes.

I liked Sam's game. Putting the ball on the floor should pay dividends.

Gak>MIller. 3 Blocks in 14 minutes. He need to put on good weight quickly though and not a foul machine in conference play.

Amp with a nice game. Until compliance finishes chasing windmills, he will be the key guy without DH.

Lykes with a career high 22. 8-11 FTs.

I didn't watch any of this game because, well it was Lehigh. But don't you think the analysis is a bit overdone? It was Lehigh. It was a glorified exhibition game against a borderline D1 program. Move on.

Advertisement
Back