Miami vs Iowa State

LOL!!! Really?? No one just threw Miami's name in there. Caputo was neck deep in it. Thankfully, he was able to cover his tracks. Looked bleak there for a minute.
You have a good point, but share the love and the platter when things go South also.

I hope Caputo stays , he’s the one to take the reins .
He’ll have the keys to a high performance battle hardened championship team in good time.

Advertisement
This right here more than anything has been our special sauce.

I'm a football guy through and though so I need any of you basketball gurus to help me out. How do we match up with Kansas? Could we beat Kansas? I know anything is possible but can we play with this Jayhawks squad?
We absolutely can. We have to get them to fall in the remy martin trip to hang. And what I mean by that is he’s extremely talented but he’s hijacks the offense. they’re at the best when they’re free flowing and the all American guard is running the show. We have to make agbaji work on both ends but they’ll probably have him on wong cause he’s easier to defend with no threat of a 3 point shot. Wong has to have a great game. On offense similar game plan to auburn. Drag that big out of the lane and force them to go small and we just have to make shots

We absolutely can. We have to get them to fall in the remy martin trip to hang. And what I mean by that is he’s extremely talented but he’s hijacks the offense. they’re at the best when they’re free flowing and the all American guard is running the show. We have to make agbaji work on both ends but they’ll probably have him on wong cause he’s easier to defend with no threat of a 3 point shot. Wong has to have a great game. On offense similar game plan to auburn. Drag that big out of the lane and force them to go small and we just have to make shots
If Kansas gets pre-tourney Martin we win. If he keeps playing well, Wong or Moore will have to match him and we’ll have to make a bunch of threes.

This will probably be the first game we play in this tournament where we are clearly the more talented team. Out of the top 6 players in the game tonight 4-5 will be wearing orange & green. 1 thru 5, we match up very well with them. Iowa State's run to the Sweet 16 is more surprising to me than ours and even St. Peter's. Offensively, Iowa State isn't very good. Their strength is in their backcourt, but an argument can be made that neither of their guards would probably start for us. Iowa St. doesn't shoot the ball well, particularly from either line (3pt or FT). And they turn the ball over a lot. Our bigs (Sam & Walker) should be able to handle their bigs and keep them off the boards. Miami doesn't have to play out of their minds to win tonight. Iowa St. does. Miami needs to be solid. Play with energy and effort. And take care of the ball. If we can get the game into. the 70's, I don't see how Iowa St. hangs with us. This game could get ugly for the Cyclones if Miami is knocking down shots and creating turnovers. Just don't see where Iowa St has an advantage here. I think only way Miami doesn't win tonight is if we somehow lay an egg and play our worse game in a month. GO CANES!!!
In hindsight this was pretty **** accurate. Tip of the hat to you sir.

Advertisement
We are a very dangerous threat to take this thing Kanas knows this now .

Kansas will have play a perfect game to beat us don’t think for a moment that we can’t win this game .

We just need to FOCUS and play our game it has got us this far .

We are a national power in basketball let Kansas know who we are a Physical tenacious team not to take lightly.

We’ve EARNED everything I’ve spoken here and more.

I’m not a basketball guy but I know athletes and we are bold an inspired team at an ELITE championships level .

WE BELONG

GOCANES
I’m calling it. Remy Martin suddenly been going off after not averaging much during the year. He’s gonna go cold and keep shooting just cause he’s had a good tourney and lose them this game.

Agree, but we wanted L’s head on a platter earlier in the season no one wanted Caputo’s .

Yes , Caputo was / is key in all this no doubt, but the buck stops at HC always.

LOL CAPUTO gets credit for this and L just gets platter.

Did we want Caputo head at start of season???

Why wasn’t Caputo to blame ?

GOCANES
I was referring to the FBI investigation.

Advertisement
What about the GOAT cane basketball player. I am sure he is happy too.
I take it you’re referring to Rick Barry? I was mainly referring to the guys that have played or coached since the resurrection of our program in 85’.

But there’s no doubt that he was our GOAT player, and that he’s proud to be a Cane.

I take it you’re referring to Rick Barry? I was mainly referring to the guys that have played or coached since the resurrection of our program in 85’.

But there’s no doubt that he was our GOAT player, and that he’s proud to be a Cane.
Think that is true but also true there were some strained relations from time to time over the years. If you ever saw Rick when he was a TV commentator (College/NBA), he's very blunt and, some might say, has a high opinion of himself (which he always backed up with his play).

I imagine he might've pictured himself as UMs HC, back when the program restarted. None of his ultra-talented kids ever played for UM either. That might've had more to do with his ex-wife and family dynamics than any influence by Rick. Who knows.

He was, no question, still our greatest player and that is not even close. I suspect he'd love to see a current recruit change all that. Almost 60 years is way too long (not a positive for recruiting).

Advertisement
There’s many other guys in the last 37 years that deserve to be mentioned.

Just off the top of my head:

Eric Brown, Dennis Burns, Kevin Presto, Joe Wylie, Tito Horford, Constantin Popa, Steven Edwards, Kevin Norris, Tim James, Johnny Hemsley, Mario Bland, Lucas Barnes, John Salmons, Darius Rice, James Jones, Elton Tyler, Rob Hite, Guillermo Diaz, Anthony Harris, Will Frisby, Jack McClinton, Will Asbury, Dwayne Collins, James Dews, Jimmy Graham, Durand Scott, Malcolm Grant, Reggie Johnson, Shane Larkin, Kenny Kadji, Durand Scott, Julian Gamble, Rion Brown, Angel Rodriguez, Jakiri, Davon Reed, Sheldon McClellan, Newton, Bruce Brown & Lonnie Walker.

I’m sure that all of these guys are celebrating this win tonight, as would the great Bill Foster (who passed away in 2015).

Another guy that I know must be silently proud is Leonard Hamilton. I know that he now coaches our arch enemy, but the man is an extremely decent human being, and was the 1st coach since our return in 85’ to put our program on the map again, with zero help from the BoT and Admin.

Lucas Barnes played like 10 games

Think that is true but also true there were some strained relations from time to time over the years. If you ever saw Rick when he was a TV commentator (College/NBA), he's very blunt and, some might say, has a high opinion of himself (which he always backed up with his play).

I imagine he might've pictured himself as UMs HC, back when the program restarted. None of his ultra-talented kids ever played for UM either. That might've had more to do with his ex-wife and family dynamics than any influence by Rick. Who knows.

He was, no question, still our greatest player and that is not even close. I suspect he'd love to see a current recruit change all that. Almost 60 years is way too long (not a positive for recruiting).

Rick is and will always be a jackass. There's a difference between confidence and being an entitled douchebag and Rick crossed that line years ago. I remember when they added new retired numbers to the rafters at the Watsco Center, and hearing stories from AD staff about how he acted when they invited him back for the ceremony. He was insufferable, according to them, and it went beyond treating athletic department staff like his personal servants, he was utterly unapproachable to the players too, acting like they should know who he is off rip, despite him last playing decades before those players were even born. He's like Warren Sapp, a great player, but a person that you couldn't pay me to deal with.

Rick is and will always be a jackass. There's a difference between confidence and being an entitled douchebag and Rick crossed that line years ago. I remember when they added new retired numbers to the rafters at the Watsco Center, and hearing stories from AD staff about how he acted when they invited him back for the ceremony. He was insufferable, according to them, and it went beyond treating athletic department staff like his personal servants, he was utterly unapproachable to the players too, acting like they should know who he is off rip, despite him last playing decades before those players were even born. He's like Warren Sapp, a great player, but a person that you couldn't pay me to deal with.
I don't doubt any of what you say. Another example that greatness in any field (sports, music, acting, writing, business, etc) is often separate from a person's character.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back