Miami vs Iowa State

There’s many other guys in the last 37 years that deserve to be mentioned.

Just off the top of my head:

Eric Brown, Dennis Burns, Kevin Presto, Joe Wylie, Tito Horford, Constantin Popa, Steven Edwards, Kevin Norris, Tim James, Johnny Hemsley, Mario Bland, Lucas Barnes, John Salmons, Darius Rice, James Jones, Elton Tyler, Rob Hite, Guillermo Diaz, Anthony Harris, Will Frisby, Jack McClinton, Will Asbury, Dwayne Collins, James Dews, Jimmy Graham, Durand Scott, Malcolm Grant, Reggie Johnson, Shane Larkin, Kenny Kadji, Durand Scott, Julian Gamble, Rion Brown, Angel Rodriguez, Jakiri, Davon Reed, Sheldon McClellan, Newton, Bruce Brown & Lonnie Walker.

I’m sure that all of these guys are celebrating this win tonight, as would the great Bill Foster (who passed away in 2015).

Another guy that I know must be silently proud is Leonard Hamilton. I know that he now coaches our arch enemy, but the man is an extremely decent human being, and was the 1st coach since our return in 85’ to put our program on the map again, with zero help from the BoT and Admin.
What about the GOAT cane basketball player. I am sure he is happy too.

Advertisement
I think you could make the argument that Sam Waardenburg is putting up the best individual tournament run in Miami history.

dude is undersized as a center to begin with, and not only is he our only center he's the only guy we play who is over 6-9. and the 6-9 guy (Anthony Walker) plays 10 mpg. For a large majority of the game Sam is the only guy we play who is over 6-7. Tonight he put up 13-8-5 with three blocks and made the second most threes on the team. He is our only rim protector, and we also initiate a lot of our offense through him at the top of the arc. the amount of work that is demanded of him on both ends is crazy, and he has played through apparent injuries of some sort in each of the last two games. He is not our most talented player but the entire team is based around his ability to stretch the floor while also providing a presence down low. He is the identity. He's basically playing like the Chicago Bulls version of Joakim Noah, while also adding a shooting threat. It's crazy.

I don't want to relitigate the Coach L debates but I'll just say these last two games have been a coaching masterclass. Not only have we won games to get us into the Sweet 16 and Elite 8, we've won them by 32 combined points. We're +28 in the second half of those games under the most pressure you can be under in college basketball. Hats off to the players of course, they are playing their asses off. But L has them playing a style that has given our opponents a huge amount of trouble. Everyone complained about our size all season but come tourney time it's been our superpower. We've been able to compensate for our size problems with sheer effort, and our trapping D, transition game, and 5 out offense have been lethal. On top of that, the kids are playing loose and confident, they believe in the plan and believe in themselves. I can't imagine this roster being better coached right now.

Last edited:
Still here, won tonight in spite of Moore
I'm honestly not trying to be an *******, but mods can you ban this guy? If you guys want to unban him after the tournament or whatever cool, I don't know if you guys do temp bans on this board. But we don't need a poster whose entire contributions to the threads is dogging one player on the team, during the greatest run in the history of the program. It's annoying, for one, but it's also just gross for a guy to be routinely singling out and insulting one player constantly the entire game. The kid is in college, what kind of psycho **** is this.

@IndayArtHauz @Andrew etc I don't know who the other mods are, sorry. But I don't see the argument for why we allow a guy to post if, quite literally, the only thing he contributes is negative things about one player during what is a great time for the program. Just utter weirdo, disrespectful behavior. Are you guys cool with this?

Advertisement
I think you could make the argument that Sam Waardenburg is putting up the best individual tournament run in Miami history.

dude is undersized as a center to begin with, and not only is he our only center he's the only guy we play who is over 6-9. and the 6-9 guy (Anthony Walker) plays 10 mpg. For a large majority of the game Sam is the only guy we play who is over 6-7. Tonight he put up 13-8-5 with three blocks and made the second most threes on the team. He is our only rim protector, and we also initiate a lot of our offense through him at the top of the arc. the amount of work that is demanded of him on both ends is crazy, and he has played through apparent injuries of some sort in each of the last two games. He is not our most talented player but the entire team is based around his ability to stretch the floor while also providing a presence down low. He is the identity. He's basically playing like the Chicago Bulls version of Joakim Noah, while also adding a shooting threat. It's crazy.

I don't want to relitigate the Coach L debates but I'll just say these last two games have been a coaching masterclass. Not only have we won games to get us into the Sweet 16 and Elite 8, we've won them by 32 combined points. We're +28 in the second half of those games under the most pressure you can be under in college basketball. Hats off to the players of course, they are playing their asses off. But L has them playing a style that has given our opponents a huge amount of trouble. Everyone complained about our size all season but come tourney time it's been our superpower. We've been able to compensate for our size problems with sheer effort, and our trapping D, transition game, and 5 out offense have been lethal. On top of that, the kids are playing loose and confident, they believe in the plan and believe in themselves. I can't imagine this roster being better coached right now.
L has made great in game adjustments, really all you can ask for. Comes down to the players executing. Personally I think the changes he made in the USC game were his best.

Advertisement
Usually I am a homer when it comes to the brackets and have picked Miami to go far in previous years.

The year I say ***** it, I am only picking the Canes to win in the first round...
... they get hot and make it to the elite 8 for the first time ever.

I should have known better.

Last edited:
We are a very dangerous threat to take this thing Kanas knows this now .

Kansas will have play a perfect game to beat us don’t think for a moment that we can’t win this game .

We just need to FOCUS and play our game it has got us this far .

We are a national power in basketball let Kansas know who we are a Physical tenacious team not to take lightly.

We’ve EARNED everything I’ve spoken here and more.

I’m not a basketball guy but I know athletes and we are bold an inspired team at an ELITE championships level .

WE BELONG

GOCANES

Advertisement
Advertisement
LOL!!! Really?? No one just threw Miami's name in there. Caputo was neck deep in it. Thankfully, he was able to cover his tracks. Looked bleak there for a minute.
Agree, but we wanted L’s head on a platter earlier in the season no one wanted Caputo’s .

Yes , Caputo was / is key in all this no doubt, but the buck stops at HC always.

LOL CAPUTO gets credit for this and L just gets platter.

Did we want Caputo head at start of season???

Why wasn’t Caputo to blame ?

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back