Miami vs Iowa State

Advertisement
I remember going to games in undergrad and you could shoot a cannon off and only hurt me and my little crew of basketball nerds. I remember celebrating like a crazy person when Miami clinched their first(and only)trip to the NCAA Tournament under Haith. I remember 2012 and thinking that this was going to be as good as it ever got for Miami basketball and how lucky I was to witness it. This run tops it. Miami is doing something that most of us didn't think was possible. This team was supposed to be a decent bubble team AT BEST. Not only are they in the Elite 8, they have handled both ISU and Auburn.

I just want this squad to be in the fight late against Kansas. That happens, I have hope they can steal it.

This right here more than anything has been our special sauce.

I'm a football guy through and though so I need any of you basketball gurus to help me out. How do we match up with Kansas? Could we beat Kansas? I know anything is possible but can we play with this Jayhawks squad?
Not the worst match up in the world, especially with FF trip on the line. If we can keep them out of the paint, contain dribble drive, force them into taking 3's, protect the glass somewhat, I like our chances a lot. Admittedly I worry more about teams that shoot the ball well. If they are knocking down 3's it will be an uphill battle. They don't take a lot of 3's, they use guards quickness to get in the lane and finish.

I'm a football guy through and though so I need any of you basketball gurus to help me out. How do we match up with Kansas? Could we beat Kansas? I know anything is possible but can we play with this Jayhawks squad?
Yes, we can. Remember, we beat NC by 30 and Duke by a basket. Almost beat Duke a second time.

Advertisement
A win is a win but pretty sloppy game
Lol. You shouldn’t have turned the game off at the 12 minute mark in the 1st.

There was nothing sloppy about the second half. 4 or 5 turnovers and 0 points allowed off them. 8 for 9 from the line. Iowa state didn’t take a foul shot. Some poor possessions when they switched to 1-3-1 but L called a timeout and drew up a few plays. Moore/Wong were inefficient on offense, but Kam/Sam picked them up. Miller went 6/6 from the field. All around great performance.

I remember going to games in undergrad and you could shoot a cannon off and only hurt me and my little crew of basketball nerds. I remember celebrating like a crazy person when Miami clinched their first(and only)trip to the NCAA Tournament under Haith. I remember 2012 and thinking that this was going to be as good as it ever got for Miami basketball and how lucky I was to witness it. This run tops it. Miami is doing something that most of us didn't think was possible. This team was supposed to be a decent bubble team AT BEST. Not only are they in the Elite 8, they have handled both ISU and Auburn.

I just want this squad to be in the fight late against Kansas. That happens, I have hope they can steal it.
Well said. This run goes out to all the former Cane basketball greats — like Jack McClinton, for example — who fought tooth and nail to get our program relevant. What a great group of kids! So proud of this team!

download.jpg

Well said. This run goes out to all the former Cane basketball greats — like Jack McClinton, for example — who fought tooth and nail to get our program relevant. What a great group of kids! So proud of this team!
So many guys never got a chance to go on a run, not because they weren't good enough, but because they didn't have L. Imagine a team of Jack McClinton, James Dews, D. Collins, etc. led by Coach L? They would have done some great things. I have always wondered what Miami would have been as a basketball program had Miami gone after L earlier.

Advertisement
Not the worst match up in the world, especially with FF trip on the line. If we can keep them out of the paint, contain dribble drive, force them into taking 3's, protect the glass somewhat, I like our chances a lot. Admittedly I worry more about teams that shoot the ball well. If they are knocking down 3's it will be an uphill battle. They don't take a lot of 3's, they use guards quickness to get in the lane and finish.
Yes, we can. Remember, we beat NC by 30 and Duke by a basket. Almost beat Duke a second time.
Thanks to both of you. Man, wouldn't it just be incredible to make a final 4? This has been such an amazingly unexpected journey and it doesn't need to end. Let's go Canes!!!!!!!

Texas Tech gave them a lot of trouble, split with them during the season. KU beat them in the conference final. We are in a lot of ways similar to TT athletically. KU has n experienced team but this is the type of team where scramble can be effective. We definitely have to play well offensively. But we are playing with house money. I like our chances on Sunday.

So many guys never got a chance to go on a run, not because they weren't good enough, but because they didn't have L. Imagine a team of Jack McClinton, James Dews, D. Collins, etc. led by Coach L? They would have done some great things. I have always wondered what Miami would have been as a basketball program had Miami gone after L earlier.
We might be on probation now but had we got Pitino back in the day, I can't imagine what the program would look like.

Advertisement
Oh ok, I haven't been watching much March madness, it would have been a dope move for L to do that, if it wasn't something normal. Thanks.

"I haven't been watching much March Madness". Yeah, sure.

You've watched every game, and you've probably never been more miserable. First Elite 8 in my school's history and our Gator superfan has already moved on to trying to bash Coach L over next season I guess.

hahhahahahahahahaha

You've watched every game, and you've probably never been more miserable. First Elite 8 in my school's history and our Gator superfan has already moved on to trying to bash Coach L over next season I guess.

hahhahahahahahahaha
There is a reason why I put him on ignore awhile back

Advertisement

hahhahahahahahahaha
I called us going on a run in March Madness before 99% of the posters here so IDK wtf you are talking about. I didn't bash L once in this thread. You are just still butthurt about losing our debates about Richt .

There’s many other guys in the last 37 years that deserve to be mentioned.

Just off the top of my head:

Eric Brown, Dennis Burns, Kevin Presto, Joe Wylie, Tito Horford, Constantin Popa, Steven Edwards, Kevin Norris, Tim James, Johnny Hemsley, Mario Bland, Lucas Barnes, John Salmons, Darius Rice, James Jones, Elton Tyler, Rob Hite, Guillermo Diaz, Anthony Harris, Will Frisby, Jack McClinton, Will Asbury, Dwayne Collins, James Dews, Jimmy Graham, Durand Scott, Malcolm Grant, Reggie Johnson, Shane Larkin, Kenny Kadji, Durand Scott, Julian Gamble, Rion Brown, Angel Rodriguez, Jakiri, Davon Reed, Sheldon McClellan, Newton, Bruce Brown & Lonnie Walker.

I’m sure that all of these guys are celebrating this win tonight, as would the great Bill Foster (who passed away in 2015).

Another guy that I know must be silently proud is Leonard Hamilton. I know that he now coaches our arch enemy, but the man is an extremely decent human being, and was the 1st coach since our return in 85’ to put our program on the map again, with zero help from the BoT and Admin.

The ACC was much better this season than what all the pundits have said. There are 3 elite teams from the ACC. I think that 3/8 figure alone says how good the ACC was this season when compared to the other major conferences. The Canes beat a lot of good teams this year and have a lot to be proud of

Lol. You shouldn’t have turned the game off at the 12 minute mark in the 1st.

There was nothing sloppy about the second half. 4 or 5 turnovers and 0 points allowed off them. 8 for 9 from the line. Iowa state didn’t take a foul shot. Some poor possessions when they switched to 1-3-1 but L called a timeout and drew up a few plays. Moore/Wong were inefficient on offense, but Kam/Sam picked them up. Miller went 6/6 from the field. All around great performance.
You have to remember. You’re talking to UNC or Duke hoops fans in this thread. Absolute clowns.

Advertisement
Back