Miami vs GW

Advertisement
First game I have been able to watch. We just not there yet. We look a little lossed out there specially on defense. I see a lot of bright spots though especially Manu lecomte I like that kids game

Yet? Not happening this year. The good news with the players being redshirted we should be pretty good next year.

Advertisement
3rd ot game of the season already. Coach L showed how lucky we are to have him as our coach by going to a big lineup.

If it were different circumstances, I'd be ****ed that we choked away that game in regulation, but this team is just not good this year. Adams played very well, and then pulled an "Adams" at the end. They showed a lot of heart coming back from 12 down, but couldn't finish the game out and they were just blizted in OT.

Quick hitters:

1. Garrius played probably his best game of the year so far. Hit a three from way downtown when things were starting to slip away that gave us a little bit of a run. Also hit another big three during our run in the second half. Still can't get over the fact that he cannot do anything beneficial unless the ball is in his hands. It was pretty ridiculous at the end how he would try to weave his way through four or five ball screens. In fact, he turned the ball over when we were up three with a minute to go because he wouldn't pass. Probably cost us the game. However, his ability to get to the lane and the free throw line is something special, I'm not sure anyone from last year's team may have been a better driver than Garrius.

2. Davon Reed shows a lot of flashes of potential, but he makes countless mistakes time after time that really add up at the end of the game. He tries to force some passes that simply are not there. Often times he is out of position on defense due to not switching or a lack of communication. It's definitely not a lack of focus/hustle sort of thing, just simple experience I think. No question he is going to be a solid option in a back court already loaded with depth next year.

3. Kelly and Kirk both had solid games. They are very active away from the ball, bang on the boards and have a mid range game. I think they will give us more than what we could have expected from them as two transfers.

4. Coach L did a nice job calling timeouts during runs and making adjustments during the game. We did a nice job eliminating their three towards the end of the game. At some points, it was just terrible watching their Europeans and transfers take wide open threes. I think we should have called timeout after they tied the game with 5 seconds to go. One of the few gripes you'll ever hear from me about Coach L.

5. We really hit our FTs down the stretch and I thought beacuse of that we were going to win. Even Rion was clinking in all of his free throws. We shot 15-17 as a team.

6. Still am very disappointed in Tonye..... The minutes, the production, the everything.

7. Still question our interior defense A LOT. Have not faced a legitimate big man this year and we give up a lot, a lot of easy baskets right at the rim.

Advertisement
Rion is our best FT shooter this year, something like 17-19 or 18-20. He's also one of our best rebounders.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back