Miami VS FSU.

Advertisement
Just a disaster of a season, but I’m not sure the outlook for next season is much better. It’s starting to feel like the Haith era all over again.
Lmao what? Never compare Coach L to the human chicken nugget. As for next year, Isaiah Wong and Anthony Walker are two touted recruits and immediate impact players - players who will be getting significant minutes immediately.

Points of interest.

1. IMO, Chris Lykes may have run out of gas. He has expended a lot of energy this season due to his style of play.
2. I agree the ACC is tough but this team would have a winning record with proper depth.
3. FSU is 11 deep and they are using all 13 scholarships.
4. Miami has to get bigger in the paint and more athletic on the wings.
5. Sam played well and I hope he is turning the corner. I think he is a good role player but not a starter.
6. Mack has to do more than shoot. He is becoming a one-dimensional player but hopefully that will change.
7. Anthony and Ebuka has to play better for any chance to win. They have to combine for 30 plus points each game.

Lmao what? Never compare Coach L to the human chicken nugget. As for next year, Isaiah Wong and Anthony Walker are two touted recruits and immediate impact players - players who will be getting significant minutes immediately.
Obviously L is 100x the coach that Haith was, but this season feels like a Haith season. We are becoming noncompetitive and many of these ACC games and are at the bottom of the standings with Weak Forest.

Wong and Walker are nice recruits, but we need more than a class of 2 guys. We desperately need an infusion of frontcourt size and athleticism.

Advertisement
Take the Louisville approach under Chris Mack this season.

Use all remaining available scholarships on grad transfers this season and focus on a big recruiting class in 2020.

It works.

Take the Louisville approach under Chris Mack this season.

Use all remaining available scholarships on grad transfers this season and focus on a big recruiting class in 2020.

It works.
Agree. That's the way to go.

As for the rest of the season, I only see maybe three more potential wins, and they are 50-50 calls. The next 4 games are sure losses.

I have a feeling that Coach L will be facing some dissension within the ranks before it's mercifully all over. And then, perhaps a transfer out or two. It's just human nature when you lose like this team is losing.

Obviously L is 100x the coach that Haith was, but this season feels like a Haith season. We are becoming noncompetitive and many of these ACC games and are at the bottom of the standings with Weak Forest.

Wong and Walker are nice recruits, but we need more than a class of 2 guys. We desperately need an infusion of frontcourt size and athleticism.

Haith never had roster calamity like this. In fact the last time I recall anything close was Perry Clark's last season.

Agree. That's the way to go.

As for the rest of the season, I only see maybe three more potential wins, and they are 50-50 calls. The next 4 games are sure losses.

I have a feeling that Coach L will be facing some dissension within the ranks before it's mercifully all over. And then, perhaps a transfer out or two. It's just human nature when you lose like this team is losing.

Who's gonna transfer.. and where? Lykes isn't transferring. It's his team. Mack? Again? Sam? Where else is he gonna get PT? DJ? Unlikely. Maybe he's not happy about not always starting but it's not like he's not getting plenty of minutes.

Advertisement
Trav, Did we ever think LeComte would leave for Baylor of all places? Or, Palmer for godforsaken Nebraska? Or Clemente for K State, in the middle of nowhere.

Let's just hope Coach L is indeed a miracle worker who -- despite the losses piling up -- can keep everyone happy, and here. That won't be easy if, say, we end up going 3-15 in the ACC; 11-19 overall. And we're playing in front of an empty arena. Also, thanks to the FBI, the next few years at UM don't look particularly promising right now. Who knows what kids will think or do?

I'm glad that Georgetown seems to have its guards set for the next 3-4 years. True frosh Akinjo and MacClung are special. If they weren't, I'd be worried about a Lykes to G'town scenario. His hometown and all. Nova and ND were the other schools we beat out for Chris's services. Not surprising as both have made a living recruiting DC.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't think anyone transfers out as the team chemistry and approach to the season is still pretty high given the circumstances. Of course, that is not a guarantee that is will not happen.
However, if it does, the coaching staff needs to add a player to fill all available scholarships. Also, I don't think Willie Herenton needs to be on scholarship. Our team is not that good for him to be on scholarship with no real hope of him playing and contributing to the team.

I don't think anyone will transfer either. But ... not to say losing doesn't breed dissension. It may be a good thing that, while we are losing, the roster is so thin. I doubt a Palmer or LeComte would've left if they had no (or little) competition for playing time.

Trav, Did we ever think LeComte would leave for Baylor of all places? Or, Palmer for godforsaken Nebraska? Or Clemente for K State, in the middle of nowhere.

Let's just hope Coach L is indeed a miracle worker who -- despite the losses piling up -- can keep everyone happy, and here. That won't be easy if, say, we end up going 3-15 in the ACC; 11-19 overall. And we're playing in front of an empty arena. Also, thanks to the FBI, the next few years at UM don't look particularly promising right now. Who knows what kids will think or do?

I'm glad that Georgetown seems to have its guards set for the next 3-4 years. True frosh Akinjo and MacClung are special. If they weren't, I'd be worried about a Lykes to G'town scenario. His hometown and all. Nova and ND were the other schools we beat out for Chris's services. Not surprising as both have made a living recruiting DC.
All those guys left for more playing time/to be a starter and they got it. I don't see anyone right now in that position where they feel they need more minutes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back