Miami VS FSU.

Advertisement
DVD out here with a recruit.
3A896A22-78CD-480A-8BEC-D7102798CE22.jpeg

Advertisement
You know it’s bad when Sam is your best player today. And he has 3 fouls. The whole team sucks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Same problem as the Cuse game. We can’t guard the 3

DJ and Lykes are pathetic perimeter defenders, zero chance of blocking anyone’s shots. Lawrence does provide some length when he isn’t tripping over his own feet.

The game starts and ends with good defense, and the Canes Boys basketball team has been out of it for at least the last 5 games. Is Coach Larranaga over the hill? I hope not, but lately something is vastly missing. How can we overcome this regression, and what does Coach L & his staff have to do quickly? Can this fiasco be turned around soon? Is the NIT out of reach for us at this point?

Tough for the weaker team to cover both matchups during conference play. Miami played artificially close and low scoring on the road so this one had the bounce likelihood of Florida State getting away offensively. If you're going to lose that first one in a season like this it's preferable to get blown out on the road. At least that had some potential for Florida State to take this outcome for granted. Of course, they recently lost several in a row so that team was embarrassed and energized anyway.

None of the games are particularly interesting this season. Filed under just a matter of time. When we cut it to 30-27 my friend and I were talking in the stands that it really didn't matter. Sure enough, next thing we know it's 42-27, or something like that.

Izundu is so scared of foul trouble he doesn't even play defense the way he wants to. He merely extends both arms.

Lykes makes the impressive drives to the basket against giants but he inevitably puts too much English on the ball even though he's already created a more standard opportunity than he realizes.

Late arriving crowd but decent size, although not for a home game against Florida State. Highlight of the evening was the acrobat guy at halftime. Rained like heck at game's end so everyone was getting soaked on the way back to the parking garage. Some people were comically trying to take cover under small trees. The ushers wouldn't allow anyone to exit down the tall front stairs for safety reasons during the deluge.

Just a disaster of a season, but I’m not sure the outlook for next season is much better. It’s starting to feel like the Haith era all over again.

Advertisement
Back