Miami vs FSU (Recruiting)

GojiraCane

All ACC
2017 - 2021, per 247 Sports - 4 and 5 star players high school players committed:

Florida State
2017: 11 (out of 23 signees)
2018: 13 (out of 21 signees)
2019: 8 (out of 20 signees)
2020: 8 (out of 24 signees)
2021: 4 (out of 15 signees)

Miami
2017: 10 (out of 24 signees)
2018: 15 (out of 23 signees)
2019: 7 (out of 18 signees)
2020: 10 (out of 21 signees)
2021: 11 (out of 21 signees)

And that's not including the transfers. For many years, on paper Florida State had more talent than us. We're now entering a phase - similar to Miami experienced ten years ago - where we'll begin to have significantly more blue chippers on paper than the Seminoles barring a turnaround by Norvell.

Advertisement
They’re recruiting like us with golden, picking up tons of coal shovelers with a few blue chippers mixed in here and there..it’s looking pretty grim for them for the foreseeable future as Norvell has no juice..
And they're not even facing threats of an NCAA death penalty to go along with it. I think Golden's 2012 class - which wasn't bad - would have ranked much higher if not for the investigation that emerged six months before NSD.

Advertisement
And they're not even facing threats of an NCAA death penalty to go along with it. I think Golden's 2012 class - which wasn't bad - would have ranked much higher if not for the investigation that emerged six months before NSD.
Exactly, the semenholes class is that bad WITHOUT the cloud of the death penalty hanging over the program.

Advertisement
I'm sure this is the complete kiss of death, so I'll be looking forward to tasting gun metal on 9/27, but I don't think I've ever been more confident in an FSU match-up in my entire life than I am this year. They are so, so far removed from being what they were circa 2013, it's actually impressive.

So no, I don't think Miami is some elite program, but what we do best (attack the LOS on defense, rush the passer, create havoc, play in the opponent's backfield) is what they struggle with the most. It's Miami/FSU, so their players will be inspired and play hard, but our defense is going to punish them, severely. And while I think they have good talent on defense in spots (DT and in the secondary has multiple NFL players), they don't rush the passer well (what we struggled with last year), and I think King/Lashlee are going to be at least moderately successful against every defense we play this year. The only way we lose to FSU if the game is something like 17-14, and I just don't see many avenues for FSU to hold this offense with this point guard under 20 points.

I think this one goes somewhat like last year. Close for a half, and Miami just rolls by the 4th quarter. I see a very similar score to last year. 27-10, 30-13, something like that.

2017 - 2021, per 247 Sports - 4 and 5 star players high school players committed:

Florida State
2017: 11 (out of 23 signees)
2018: 13 (out of 21 signees)
2019: 8 (out of 20 signees)
2020: 8 (out of 24 signees)
2021: 4 (out of 15 signees)

Miami
2017: 10 (out of 24 signees)
2018: 15 (out of 23 signees)
2019: 7 (out of 18 signees)
2020: 10 (out of 21 signees)
2021: 11 (out of 21 signees)

And that's not including the transfers. For many years, on paper Florida State had more talent than us. We're now entering a phase - similar to Miami experienced ten years ago - where we'll begin to have significantly more blue chippers on paper than the Seminoles barring a turnaround by Norvell.
Where they are signing 4 and 5 stars is important too. Just signing 4 star safeties and RBs doesn't do anything for you if you aren't building the trenches. Their trenches are WEAK.

Advertisement
The head to bead games are rarely blowouts. Even when one team is significantly more talented, the other team usually keeps it close for a half. Still, they’re bad. This may be the worst FSU team in my lifetime. It may be something like 17-7 at the half but this game should end up with Miami winning handily.

FSU is recruiting hidden gems and kids that want to be noles. Miami is recruiting divas and just recruiting whatever recruiting sites say.

Give me the hungry 3* with a chip on their shoulder . Did you know Ed Reed was a 2*?
- CIS before this year

We are going to beat the **** outta FSU...

Rivalry be damned. Norvell has never been in this rivalry & doesn't possess the internal fire to rally this team up into taking us as serious as they need to.

The huge setback for them is Taggart recruited a roster full of selfish me first type players that don't give AF about anything but themselves & it's beyond obvious they have not bought in to Norvell yet, which means come 9/26 once they get hit in the mouth they'll fold up quick & pack it in.

Add on to the fact that we can have fans in the stadium, obviously it won't be a packed house like it was in 2018 but I can guarantee you it will be overwhelmingly Canes fans at HR for that game, I don't see too many Noles fans making the trip for that one... And you can say what you want about Manny as a HC, it can't be denied that he knows & understands the importance of the FSU game above all else, he knows for a fact he can't fck that game up.

Plus we get them early in the season, if you remember last year FSU got boat raced by Boise St giving up 621yds in a loss, almost lost to Louisiana Monroe & gave up 419yds & 44 points in an overtime win they just squeaked by, then lost to UVA & gave up 415yds. They were TRASH early in the year & by the time we played them in November we killed whatever fight they had left in the season, after we whooped they *** in Tally, Tag got fired & they had Haggins do his substitute teacher job again.

As far as the recruiting trail, they're already deep in a hole, this class will barely be top 25 for them & their 22 class will be even worse because local Tallahassee & Jacksonville area kids are all leaving going to SEC country & are not interested in FSU & their South FL pipeline is drying up because they got rid of Telly Lockette, Stanford Samuels & Raymond Woodie.

Norvell is gonna have to find an elite QB if he wants to dig them out of the grave Taggart left them in, otherwise it's gonna get ugly for Noles & we're going to capitalize off their demise in the meantime.

9/26 we will bury those ******** & scalp Chief Osecola with the tip of his own spear.

Advertisement

Rivalry be damned. Norvell has never been in this rivalry & doesn't possess the internal fire to rally this team up into taking us as serious as they need to.

The huge setback for them is Taggart recruited a roster full of selfish me first type players that don't give AF about anything but themselves & it's beyond obvious they have not bought in to Norvell yet, which means come 9/26 once they get hit in the mouth they'll fold up quick & pack it in.

Add on to the fact that we can have fans in the stadium, obviously it won't be a packed house like it was in 2018 but I can guarantee you it will be overwhelmingly Canes fans at HR for that game, I don't see too many Noles fans making the trip for that one... And you can say what you want about Manny as a HC, it can't be denied that he knows & understands the importance of the FSU game above all else, he knows for a fact he can't fck that game up.

Plus we get them early in the season, if you remember last year FSU got boat raced by Boise St giving up 621yds in a loss, almost lost to Louisiana Monroe & gave up 419yds & 44 points in an overtime win they just squeaked by, then lost to UVA & gave up 415yds. They were TRASH early in the year & by the time we played them in November we killed whatever fight they had left in the season, after we whooped they *** in Tally, Tag got fired & they had Haggins do his substitute teacher job again.

As far as the recruiting trail, they're already deep in a hole, this class will barely be top 25 for them & their 22 class will be even worse because local Tallahassee & Jacksonville area kids are all leaving going to SEC country & are not interested in FSU & their South FL pipeline is drying up because they got rid of Telly Lockette, Stanford Samuels & Raymond Woodie.

Norvell is gonna have to find an elite QB if he wants to dig them out of the grave Taggart left them in, otherwise it's gonna get ugly for Noles & we're going to capitalize off their demise in the meantime.

9/26 we will bury those ******** & scalp Chief Osecola with the tip of his own spear.
Poetic facts....

LCE with the evisceration of the Noles , ouch lol

If we crush them this year and they have a horrible year. We might go on a big streak against them. The talent level there is at an all time low. They Zero Qb depth and are transitioning into 2 new schemes.

Time to put the nail in the coffin
BUT we need to crawl out of it before we hammer the last nail and stay trapped with them

No homo, but......

3C9E61B7-1462-4F10-A97D-76D31BAF1B91.gif

You are the poet laureate of CIS

Advertisement
Back