Miami vs. Columbia Game Preview (via @HardwoodU)

View as article
dj.jpg

Quick breakdown for you guys this week as we're traveling to the bowl game and there's not a lot to discuss about Columbia. Hopefully, you all have a computer ready to stream the game while watching the RAB. If not, you can always follow along with your boys on Twitter @HardwoodU.

columbia.jpg
Opponent Breakdown
Columbia comes into the game at 4-5 with no quality wins and losses to St. Joe's, Seton Hall, Hofstra, Navy, and Army. The Lions are led by 6'4", 175 lb. junior guard Nate Hickman (15.7 PPG) and 6' 10", 215 lb. senior forward Luke Petrasek (14.3 PPG, 7.0 RPG).

The Lions rank near the bottom of Division I in nearly every category, sitting at 271st in rebounds, 277th in points allowed, and 137th in scoring.

caneshoops.jpg Courtesy: University of Miami
What to Watch For
Miami should win this game easily against a vastly inferior opponent. A win tonight would close the non-conference schedule with no bad losses, which will be key come tournament time as Miami's strength of schedule sits at 231st in the country. Obviously, that metric will improve come ACC play, and the Canes sit in the RPI Top 100 today at 75 despite not having any signature wins. All that's to say that despite losses to quality opponents in Iowa State and Florida, barring a loss tonight Miami avoided any FGCU/Northeastern type losses during an easy non-conference slate.

Since this article thus far has basically done everything possible to jinx this game, we might as well go all out and note that the Canes currently have a 19 game home winning streak dating back to November 27, 2015 (Northeastern game mentioned previously).

Also noteworthy is that this will be the program's 1000th win in history should the Canes prevail tonight.

How to Watch
When: Wednesday, December 28th at 7:00pm
Where: #PackTheWat
TV: ACC Digital Network Extra
Stream: WatchESPN.com
Tweets: @HardwoodU

Advertisement
Columbia Alum here, we suck at every sport. Our band changed our fight song to "we always lose, sometimes by a lot sometimes by a little." I **** you not. Hurricanes should put us to bed.

Columbia Alum here, we suck at every sport. Our band changed our fight song to "we always lose, sometimes by a lot sometimes by a little." I **** you not. Hurricanes should put us to bed.

LOL confirmed:

Columbia Band Briefly Barred After Changing Lyrics of Fight Song - The New York Times

Yep, our band by the way performs black out drunk at every game. On the team bus they all do jello shots and screwdrivers until they can't tell if we're winning or losing.

Fight fiercely, Harvard.
Fight, fight, fight.
Demonstrate to them our skill.
Although we may not have the might,
Nonetheless, we have the will.
How we will celebrate our victory:
We shall invite the whole team up for tea.
(How jolly!)
Hurl that spheroid down the field,
And fight, fight. fight.

Advertisement

But you have a Columbia diploma hanging on your wall. I feel no pity for you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back