Miami vs Clemson Preview With ACC Network's Eric Mac Lain

CanesInSight Articles
10 min read

Comments (25)

Clemson will employ the defensive strategy that wake employed in the 2nd half. Have we learned from that and are able to pick up blocks?

Can barkate, upshaw, and jacobs step up when clemson tries to take away mali?

We'll see.
My keys to the game as I pointed out on other threads!
 
It’s a prime time game, so it’ll be hyped to the max. We need to go out and make a statement. I’ll take any win, but I’d like a win where we absolutely humiliate Dabo Swinney on his home field. Call it a passing of the torch, of sorts. They had their run, now we show the world it’s our turn to dominate the ACC, long as we’re still apart of it. This is the game Mark Fletcher needs to take over. We’ve been waiting on a “playoff Fletch” type of performance, so go pound the rock. If we stay ahead of the chains, they have no shot at stopping us.

On defense, it’s simple. Stack 9 in the box and see if the worst statistical QB in the Power 4 (also just his 3rd start) can beat you with his arm. I would dare them to throw deep. Test Bryce Fitzgerald and Ethan O’ Conner (currently #1 PFF graded CB) 1 on 1. See how that goes for you. Let’s see if their O-line can pass block long enough for downfield plays to develop. He’s a 1-read QB so if his first read isn’t there, or he’s flushed out of the pocket, he’s going to run. 100%. He’s not extending plays with his legs and keeping his eyes downfield. He’s just tucking and running. So our DE’s need to make sure not to overpursue and give him a running lane, while the DT’s have to stay in his face all night and not get washed out or he will step up and take off straight up the gut for first downs. Lastly, if our edge guys get home on 3rd and long, FINISH. He’s strong, so if you don’t wrap up properly, he’s going to get away and take off. Don’t go for kill shots. ACC refs love to flag us for roughing the passer. And if Wesco has the ball in his hands, he’s dangerous. Swarm to the ball and bring him down. Trying to force fumbles got us in trouble at Wake. Just get stops and the offense will take care of the rest.

Another thing about the offense, I’d like to see Ben Congdon starting. It’s time. Throw him in the fire and see how he responds in a hostile environment. I’ll take my chances with the big guy. I think he can be the guy that soldifies this offensive line, which takes our offense into the stratosphere.

If we do all that, I think we win this game 45-17. If they turn the ball over a couple times and we don’t, I think we can score in the 50’s if it’s not a downpour out there.
 
Back
Top