Miami vs Clemson 2005

What a year we could have had if Tyrone Moss was able to play against GT

Yeah, Moss was my teammate for 1 year in high school. I played mostly with his brother who played LB. He attended Coconut Creek high and transferred out after his freshman year and went to Ely. Darrell McClover was also my teammate. He played the opposite DE spot from me.

But Moss was a load to bring down... I remembered 1 day in practice, I came off the edge and was in the backfield. My eyes were wide open I went high and Moss dropped his helmet right in my chest. Man... that **** hurt so bad... I had to sit out for a few days, but i learned to stop tackling high after that... lol... the following week I laid his *** out... I said that was for last week... His brother jokingly said "you ain't had to hit my brother like that." lol funny moment... He was a quiet dude... RIP T. Moss!

Advertisement
I drove to that game from LeJeune right before a deployment. What a great game!!! I gotta tell ya tho, there fans were super nice. We were going to hook up with some buds from Miami and they all welcomed us, offering beer and food. I will never forget that. Unlike trailerhassee where they threw subway subs at my wife and I calling us refugees.

Semper Canes!!!

That 3:50 mark with the toss to Hester...

Dude should have been an all time great if we had an OC that was imaginative and found a million ways to get the most explosive player on the field the ball more

Advertisement
That 3:50 mark with the toss to Hester...

Dude should have been an all time great if we had an OC that was imaginative and found a million ways to get the most explosive player on the field the ball more
They just didnt know what to do with Hester at first. He was so fast on D he couldn't cover.

I was at the game too. Scored really good seats somehow.

I'll never forget Hester on a pr, standing there with his hands on his hips when the ball was kicked. He looked like he didn't care. But the second the ball started coming down he was like.. locked in and ready to go. He didn't get much on the return, but it was the way was able to just turn it on from nothing that was so amazing. He could go from looking like he wasn't paying any attention to top speed and in the end zone in the blink of an eye. Aren't too many people capable of hitting top speed the way he could.

Was in Savannah at a B&B with the missus. Made us late for our dinner reservations watching the game. Boy she wasn’t happy then but she’s a big Canes fan now!

Advertisement
I was at the game too. Scored really good seats somehow.

I'll never forget Hester on a pr, standing there with his hands on his hips when the ball was kicked. He looked like he didn't care. But the second the ball started coming down he was like.. locked in and ready to go. He didn't get much on the return, but it was the way was able to just turn it on from nothing that was so amazing. He could go from looking like he wasn't paying any attention to top speed and in the end zone in the blink of an eye. Aren't too many people capable of hitting top speed the way he could.
His ability to cut on a dime and continue accelerating while keeping top speed was second to none.

Advertisement
Back