Miami Va Tech

Advertisement
Advertisement
Va Tech gets after it on defense. I knew Buzz Williams would be successful when he came into the ACC, despite little chance of ever luring a McDonald's AA to Blacksburg.

Advertisement
Va Tech gets after it on defense. I knew Buzz Williams would be successful when he came into the ACC, despite little chance of ever luring a McDonald's AA to Blacksburg.
Yes he is a great coach. Everyone was surprised he took the job when he did.

Advertisement
I agree that most of it is not Larranaga's fault, but the question still remains: Is Larranaga past his prime? He seems to be following the Jim Morris' path (excellent beginning, but tailing off at the end?).

L's got some problems and I think he deserves far more blame than others in this thread, but let's not lose sight of the fact that he made the tourney each of the last 3 years...

Advertisement
VT only played 7 players, so what’s the excuse for our pathetic effort last night? This team doesn’t even try to play defense

Do I think Coach L should be fired or asked to retire? NO.
Do I think Coach L needs to change his approach to the roster? ABSOLUTELY.

Coach L should be allowed to recruit and add talent to the roster for next season. He needs to use all of his scholarships and have a full roster for next season. As long as he has 13 legitimate scholarship players, not including Willie Herenton, then Coach L's job is safe.
If Coach L tries to play next season with less than 13 players then it will be time for him to step down.

Advertisement
Back