Miami/VA game - best way to get travel there

Advertisement
Not that hard - your options are either Richmond or DCA/IAD if you want to fly direct. Suck up the drive - it's a pretty drive.

I live in Richmond. Flu in to Richmond If you can. If you can't then fly into Dulles (IAD). I've been to a game at UVA and they're pretty tame...unlike Virginia Tech.

Advertisement
Epic.jpg
Since Charlottesville's airport is "small", does flying into it mean going on a prop plane? Sorry for the question. I haven't flown in a very long time. But I once flew from Tally to Ft. Lauderdale, and it was on a prop plane and I hated it. So I'm wondering if it's better to go to Richmond or D.C., and just drive. Thanks guys. I appreciate your advice!

The last time I flew back from TLH after a very rainy game we went IFR on initial climb our cabin heater was out my shoes wet and feet cold. Despite zero visibility it was a smooth ride and we broke into a gorgeous moonlit view of the Tampa area through broken clouds. No TSA check, no walk through a long terminal and we got a golf cart ride to our airplane. The guys in back seemed to have a good time and didn't seem to mind the fact the lack of lavatories required ****ing in a bottle. Our tiny plane made it back to Pembroke Pines and we were on our second pitcher of beer at Hooters about the time most of the other Miami fans were leaving the American Airlines terminal at MIA.

Sorry our ride doesn't meet your standards.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back